Beginners and Beyond

Chicago Marathon! (Read 141 times)

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

I AM IN!  Who else is running with me?

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Heard they had a bunch of problems and had to suspend registration.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

I am in as well!  It took me longer than the marathon (well, not really).  1 hour and 21 minutes of refreshing, filling the same form over and over, and hoping I wouldn't get charged 300 times.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BuckeyeNurse

I'm in!  I went back and forth on whether or not I would do it but decided that come October, I would regret it if I hadn't signed up.  I'm surprised at all the server problems they had- it seems like they would be prepared for the high traffic, no?

I'm in too. Hopefully it stays that way. I am a little concerned about the possibility of them cancelling all entries and starting over. Check out all the nastygrams on the Marathon FB page.

B-Plus

In

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

I'm in too. Hopefully it stays that way. I am a little concerned about the possibility of them cancelling all entries and starting over. Check out all the nastygrams on the Marathon FB page.

From the message they posted it appears everyone who was able to get registered is in. They say there are only 15,000 spaces left but I'll bet once they cancel all those duplicate and triplicate entries there will be quite a few more than that.

workinprogress11

I'm in as well.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Awesome! We must try for a FE that weekend!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

If you survived the 2013 registration debacle and got in then you are in.  There is no reason they should toss out all that have already registered.  Active.com is a piss poor excuse of a registration site and they typically have issues with the Chicago registration process.  Been running it every year since 2007 and every year there is some sort of problem along the way.  Typically the problems are less drastic like periodically missing registratins or posted duplicates on the confirmation page but this is the first time that the process was broken.

BTW . . . . . .

I I I I I I I        N              N

I              N N          N

I              N    N       N

I              N       N    N

I              N          N N

I I I I I I I        N              N

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It sounds like if you are on the confirmed list, you are in. Registration is suspended and an update will be posted Thursday at 5:00 PM Central time.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

They sent emails to those that registered basically saying, if you received this, you are registered.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'm in.  Going back for number six.  Smile

Hey Venomized- I have also run it every year since 2007. Heck of a year to start running marathons!

Anomalous

So the last remaining 15K slots are going to be in a lottery format. I figured that was going to happen and that it was going to be the inception for future registrations for this big city race.

There are lots of folk who are disappointed and some even angry. It's understandable to some degree. But what really gets me, are the folks who feel that they are entitled to run this race over anyone else, primarily those doing this as their debut marathon.

It wasn't my intention to choose this as a first marathon so I didn't bother getting my hopes up for it and register when it became available, but I have friends who have and did get in. I just hope that they have an enjoyable experience with it this year, because the current atmosphere is atrocious.

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi