Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins Are Blowing Down The Road! (Read 41 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Coralie on the distance PR!!!!   Big grin

Scotty, no comment on the TN cousins.  Roll eyes

I did make it to the gym and did an abbreviated workout on the machines, then did about 45 min. of intervals on the TM.  That included a few  small incline intervals at 2%.  Just starting on this part of the training, so I'll need to step it up to tackle the big hills on my first the HM, but not  quite sure exactly how to do the hill intervals (or use the right terminology).  BTW, poor DW had to run solo today and fortunately did not get lost on the track.

hog4life

Congrats Coralie on the distance PR!!!!   Big grin

Scotty, no comment on the TN cousins.  Roll eyes

I did make it to the gym and did an abbreviated workout on the machines, then did about 45 min. of intervals on the TM.  That included a few  small incline intervals at 2%.  Just starting on this part of the training, so I'll need to step it up to tackle the big hills on my first the HM, but not  quite sure exactly how to do the hill intervals (or use the right terminology).  BTW, poor DW had to run solo today and fortunately did not get lost on the track.

Jerry, I responded to you in the other thread about the TM hill work outs, hope it helps.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Coralie - Rock on!!!

Zel - That bad weather is going around.  We've had bands of lake effect snow kickin' our butts.  That was a tough workout made tougher by the fact that it was on a treadmill.  Ugh!

Bin - Just because you have a new camera, and undergarments doesn't mean that you get to play with both at the same time.  Don't get any crazy ideas.

HopesMom - I can't sing to save my life, but I bet it's rewarding.

Jack - You're welcome to come up, and try some cold weather running.

She Can - 20 miles is no joke.  Way to tough it out, even if it wasn't what you wanted.  It's better to have a run like that during training, than on race day.

Ginny - I agree.  I have to run!  If it stays this cold, I'll try running outside in it.  Today the roads were just too bad.  I saw wwwaaayyyy too many accidents on the way to my first meeting today.

Scotty - Of course you have a 5K this weekend.  I knew that.

Traci - It sounds like you need to sign up for a really really cold race :-)  Inspirational cold!

Mitch - That sounds scary.  Just a bunch of bird doo-doo spores floatin' around that can make you sick.  Take care of yourself.  I want to see you have a great 2013.

Lauren - I'm sure the comeback will get frustrating from time to time, but try to enjoy the process and use the Garmin to track the progress.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Awood, now you are giving me ideas.. haaa...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Mitch - Yay! I'm glad you got good news!!

It is FREEEEEEZING here. Like, I think it got to 1 degree today, but with windchill it's been in the negative teens at best. I have not been running lately.

I also just got a promotion at work and my hours changed. I now work daytime hours, which is nice, but I have yet to figure out when to run. Heck, I still need to figure out when to eat! Smile Today was only the second day. I miss spending mornings with my kids! But it sure is nice to leave work before dark. I think I will start running before work once the temps warm up just a bit. I'm not a fan of -30 in the morning.