Beginners and Beyond

Your retirement (Read 174 times)

Just B.S.

Something that I’ve been planning, that DH doesn’t know yet:  I will learn to do a proper freestyle stroke and start training for a triathlon.

Hubby and I started at the pool together in January. I am doing my 2nd tri June 9th (a ladies only) and we

are doing his first together on June 16th. My swimming was truly pathetic at my first tri back in 2011 so

I have just done the duathlons since then but have  had the tri bug for a few years thanks to having many friends

who do triathlon. Since we have been cyclists and runners for many years we figured why not try something

new in our 50's. And honestly after 14 years I am ready to spice things up a bit more  than just road running

races and duathlons.

We have been at the pool 3-4 times per week since January. it's been tough combining that with marathon

training but very rewarding! I am up to swimming 2 km continuous so our goal of a 1/2 Iron next summer

shouldn't be a problem.

We figure tri's are something we can do at difference distances probably with more frequency and easier

on the body than marathons as we get older.

Plus it's such a great challenge and a heck of a lot of fun!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Something involving coffee, not sweating during the summer and not shivering during the winter. Pretty easy to please here.

I like the way you think.

dallison

registered pw

We'd move to Vermont and buy a general store.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

If I had the capital, I'd open up a brewpub..

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I retired early at 55 and got an easy part-time job.  Afternoons are spent with DW.  Used to be walking, but now it is running.  No plans to move, but that would depend where our kids go. We like the Windy City, but eventually we will need a winter retreat.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

...and rent out the guest house in the winter.

April, you and I can be the owners.

Another thing I would like to do if I retire with enough $ is buy a house by the beach.  By a private and out of the way beach.

Resident Historian

Lets see...

Florida or similar in winter.  

Somewhere cooler and not as humid in summer

... (or combine 1 & 2... hmm... where...).

Coach running a little online and in person, just a few clients...

Run as much as I can

Teach a couple of courses as an adjunct professor at a business school.

Oh wait... that's pretty close to what I do -- but the Achilles tendon has got in the way recently.

(& working on that last one)

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson