Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday... Penguins. (Read 28 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

SCOTTY!  NO MELANOMA!  That's the best news I've heard all day!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: That sounds like a great weekend. Natties are nice, but bring something better! That is cool that you and P3 have already discussed your future plans about kids.

Scotty: GREAT NEWS!!!! Yeah, baby!!  Tonight I will have a beer in your honor!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Oh!  There will be Jack Daniels too!  Oh yeah!  I'm not bringing anything, but I was asked today what I'd like.  Jack Daniels and beer was the short list.  I remember a night in college where the entire wrestling team sat around passed a bottle of Jack around.  We each had a Natty in our hand, and we just passed that bottle around until it was empty.  One guy had a guitar.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for me it's about as relaxing as it gets.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Yay for good results on your test, Scottie.  Thanks for not posting a picture.

Bundled up and ran 5 quick miles with DW.  Even passed a much younger runner.  On way to Loews to get new backsplash installed.  Not a DIY job for me.  Want to keep my figures attached.  Thanks to Metlife, for paying for new suspension on DW' Sienna.  She hit a pothole ????

Sloooow.

Dang, my right arm near the shoulder hurts where the Dermatologist took that stuff off.  Then he 'froze' the area, and last night my 'scabby' parts all fell off, so now it looks pretty nasty - be glad I am not posting a photo of it, lol.  So now it will begin to 'scar' over.  The good news is that Doc called me this morning and it is NOT melanoma, thank goodness.

Coralie I did not realize you were in New Orleans!  I pay attention so well, lol.   One day I am going to show up down there and do the Crescent City 10K..always have wanted to do that one.  Heck, San Antonio is, what, only about an 8 -10 hour drive from Nawlins.

Great results from the doctor, Scotty!! Big grin

We're about 2 hours from New Orleans. It's funny that I love a city so much, that is one of the murder capitals of the US, lol. I'm really interested in the Crescent City 10K. The 2014 one is 2 days before my birthday, and it looks like it's not in the weekend of Jazz Fest or French Quarter festival. It goes down some beautiful streets. I'm planning on having a third (and last!) child soon though, so I'll have to see how things pan out! We went to San Antonio when my oldest was only a couple of months old, would love to go back!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Great results from the doctor, Scotty!! Big grin

We're about 2 hours from New Orleans. It's funny that I love a city so much, that is one of the murder capitals of the US, lol. I'm really interested in the Crescent City 10K. The 2014 one is 2 days before my birthday, and it looks like it's not in the weekend of Jazz Fest or French Quarter festival. It goes down some beautiful streets. I'm planning on having a third (and last!) child soon though, so I'll have to see how things pan out! We went to San Antonio when my oldest was only a couple of months old, would love to go back!

I found this website:   http://www.ccc10k.com

Wow, my kinda race:  9,366 female finishers in 2013!  So many Great Legs to chase! Big grin

8,290 male finishers, FYI!

Wow, that 4-mile Connection Bridge Run looks pretty interesting too...

I see the one next year is on April 19, 2014.  Registration is already open, go figure!  I think I will plan on doing this one next year.  I'm always saying I will do it, and then don't.  Time to quit procrastinating!   Will take to Gail about it tonite.

You could come visit here in March 2014 and do the Cap 10 in Austin.  The website is:  http://www.statesman.com/s/cap10k/.    It will be March 30th of next year, so a nice warm-up for the Cresent.   Be advised, however the Cap 10 is like Cresent...LOTS of people.  Cap 10K is the biggest 10K in Texas and the 5th largest 10K in the US. This year it had 17,500 participants, runners and walkers.  When I did it a couple years ago, it had 22,800!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

The pulling apart and cleaning of the instrument has been accomplished, but it's a smidge late for me to go for a swim now.  Which is fine with me, as my knee has been more fussy today, so I'll just head home and ice it and call it an evening.

So I'm starting the countdown!  1.5 hours for me ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Asta la vista, Pengies!  I came in a bit early so my boss is letting me leave early to go pick up my race packet for tomorrow.  Nice that she is a runner and walker herself.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Scotty - terrific news on the non-melanoma.  Enjoy your two races this weekend.  The cool weather will mean you'll have fewer legs to look at - they'll all be covered up.

Coralie - I hope your race goes well this time.  No more flooding!

Awood - have fun with your bachelor party weekend by the lake.  Sounds like fun.

Jack - are you near enough to get smoke from the fires? I hope you get some running in, despite the heat.

Jerry - good luck on the backsplash project.

HopesMom - sorry the knee is acting up.  Hope the ice helps.

Margo - good call on skipping the long run this week.

Jimmy - are your friends starting to burn out on running already?  It happens sometimes when people do c25k, run a 5k, and decide they're done.   Hope you get your run in this afternoon, rain or not.

Bin - enjoy the movie.

Mitch - hope the rain doesn't slow you down tomorrow.  Some people say it actually speeds them up, because it keeps you cooler, plus you just want it to be done.

hi Di!

fitfatboy - enjoy the race tomorrow.  I hope all goes well with your group.

Kristin - it's the weekend, time to feel better now.

Jeff - enjoy your 4-6.  Is school almost finished for you?

Zelanie - I hope your knee is completely healed before either of your appointments.  Don't do too much walking, it still stresses the joint, even if it's not as much as running.

SO42 - hope you enjoy your rainy race too.  Agreed about the amazing feeling when 5 is an easy relaxing run.

Cherie - I run into the same thing hiking, where DH and I are in t-shirts or a light fleece, and we run into people dressed like eskimos.  If you are moving at a decent pace, you do get warm pretty quickly.

AFM:  today's yard sale went pretty well.  Books aren't a big seller, unfortunately, but we did get rid of a couple of sleeping bags, a pair of snow shoes, and a sand blaster that hasn't been used in 25 years, as well as 20 or so books. (At 3 for a $1 we didn't get rich).  We'll try again tomorrow.  It was busy early this morning, but after noon few people were driving by, and even fewer were stopping, so I went for a 3.75 mile run while my husband did a project in the garage.  Gave me a chance to see some of the other people's yardsale options, though a lot of folks had already packed it in.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: No, we are nowhere near this one. We're about 30 miles east of it. A few years ago there was a big one by our house and we had to evacuate. The fire trucks spent the night on our street and the news vans were coming and going for five days. That was nuts. We are about 200 yards from a national forest area and it gets quite dry.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay for scotty!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Quick checkin, visiting my brother for a few days.  Get to do some hilly running in SC.  I did notice that the hills were a lot easier than the last time I was here, so I guess that's a good sign.

8.3 miles done this morning.  Going to try to find a trail for a long run tomorrow, the roads here suck for running.

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

5 miles done at an 8:27 pace. Nice!! Now I am enjoying a beer(s) in honor of Scotty!!

Dad on the run.

Ginny - No, they are still very into it. We got out and ran tonight. It felt so great! rain and all. 3.3 miles done and my buddy ran his faster 3.1 miles so far!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.