Beginners and Beyond

Bad runs happens Sunday Penguins.. (Read 38 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Posted a RR :

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/63a7191808804c7fbc7ab35c2026ad95/resume#focus

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Request for RD denied. 4@9:51.  Last mile @9:04 PR.  One of the hot/cold runs depending on direction.  Snowstorm on the way, maybe I'll get a break.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

N-Bug - Tattoo or not, I don't think anybody wants to see MY legs...lol  They've been through hell and look like it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Kristin, Well done for the race.. Congrats..

Damaris, If you got any battle scare, post it!

Jerry, you poor thing..But I like the way DW drives you..

Vance, can't see you tatoo on coy network, will check it out later.. but it sound beautiful the way you put it..

Awood, thanks.. saw you FB photo... man.. u look good..

Mel, Anyone from the race, you could call? I will take worse case scenario.. but that's just me.

Scotty, looks like nice weather again.. this is getting old.. haa

Mitch, go easy and don't be afriad to stop if you felt something is not right.. Hope you pull it off..

5am shift for me today.. will be finishing off some tough and go grab some noodles for breadkfast.. Smile

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

12 miles in the books! Amazingly, my legs feel okay! They hurt a little at 10.5, but with the group, I couldn't stop. We even managed a fast finish for the last mile. Now eats, read some RR's, and a movie.

hog4life

Oh, I almost forgot to say to be careful. The "tattoo threads" can be quite harsh. I'll post mine when I get it, but it will be here in the Penguin threads.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Bin - early shift!

Mitch - well done!  You're 110% right about tattoo threads - they can go south on your in a hurry.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I went with P3 for her first 6 mile run today.  She did great!  So proud!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I followed up my Diploma Dash 5K  on March 2, 2013 by going on Sunday morning, March 3rd,  to Medina River Natural area - http://wildtexas.com/texas-parks/medina-river-natural-area - a San Antonio park near on the South Side of San Antonio near the Toyota Tundra truck manufacturing plant.  I haven't been there for a few months and forgot how peaceful it is to run and walk out there.  I ended up doing a run/walk of an hour and 5 minutes, stopping every so often to take some photos.  The park has both cement paved trails and natural trails and I did a combination of both.  I ended up doing just short of 6 miles, my longest outing in quite a while.

Link to my photo-report:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/33164d3426e34308bc2a6566798569a5#focus

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on the 7 miles, Bin!

Vance, good luck with training for the 25K!  Glad you are still feeling good!  Nice tattoo designs.  I like looking at tattoo designs, some are very creative artwork.  But I just like looking at them on paper, lol, tattoos on skin kinda creeps me out.   Probably just me.

Congrats on your race, Kristin!

Hope you had fun with the group, Damaris!   And you too, Mitch!

Enjoy the rest day, Jerry!

Z, hope your long run went great!  And take a deep breath and quit obsessing over the 10 miler, you are going to do just fine.

Ohh, I'm on Page 2 now, so have to update my personals, lol...

Sorry about request denied, Jerry, but sounds like you did all right out there!

Way to go on the 12, Mitch, glad your legs behaved!

Kudos to P3, Awood, and to you for keeping her company!

OK, heading off to read Krisin's race report...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

hey pens!!

I have a run schedule with my friend tomorrow around 1:00!!  Super excited!! :-)

It's been a great weekend, I received a scholastic award Friday night at graduation for my awesome grades!! I had no idea I was ranked top 5 in my class!! :-) I sure is nice to be awarded for all the hard work I put into school! :0)

I can't wait to report in tomorrow with some miles and my review of my new Garmin FR 10! I can't wait to try it out! I've been wanting one of these since September!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Docket_Rocket

No battle scars.  I survived unscathed!

Kristin, Well done for the race.. Congrats..

Damaris, If you got any battle scare, post it!

Jerry, you poor thing..But I like the way DW drives you..

Vance, can't see you tatoo on coy network, will check it out later.. but it sound beautiful the way you put it..

Awood, thanks.. saw you FB photo... man.. u look good..

Mel, Anyone from the race, you could call? I will take worse case scenario.. but that's just me.

Scotty, looks like nice weather again.. this is getting old.. haa

Mitch, go easy and don't be afriad to stop if you felt something is not right.. Hope you pull it off..

5am shift for me today.. will be finishing off some tough and go grab some noodles for breadkfast.. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Congratulations!

hey pens!!

I have a run schedule with my friend tomorrow around 1:00!!  Super excited!! :-)

It's been a great weekend, I received a scholastic award Friday night at graduation for my awesome grades!! I had no idea I was ranked top 5 in my class!! :-) I sure is nice to be awarded for all the hard work I put into school! :0)

I can't wait to report in tomorrow with some miles and my review of my new Garmin FR 10! I can't wait to try it out! I've been wanting one of these since September!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Wow Tori you have a lot of exciting things going on!! Congrats!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Pewpewpew

I ran a new to me distance as Awood said. It was pretty awesome having him run with me again. It has been awhile since we have run together and not just around each other slapping high fives as we pass.