Beginners and Beyond

Skechers? (Read 88 times)

tracilynn

http://youngrenepics.blogspot.com/2013/11/skechers-gorun-ultra-from-drawing-board.html?m=1

This guy was my first trails running coach. He is on their advisory board (or something like that) and he went to them in 2012 to pitch the idea to improve these. They are working on a road version that will last longer.  Lots of runners around here swear by them. I want to try them since they are HOKA like and Hoka seems to be the only shoe I can run in without injury.

~~~~~~~

Traci

For $35 I would try them.

+1

I just don't need another pair of shoes right now.

LRB

+1

I just don't need another pair of shoes right now.

Or for a long time.  lol

RSX

The least I have ever paid for a pair in the last decade is $30 when New Balance put what I was wearing on clearance so I stocked up. I would pay $35 in a heartbeat if they felt good and were the right model for my feet. There would be no point of wearing anything that could potentially injure me.

B-Plus

How was the maiden voyage?

LRB

How was the maiden voyage?

In a word?  Smooth.  There is a bit of a ridge in the arch area when standing in them or walking around but it completely disappears while running.  They provide support for the arches without the restrictions of a stability shoe if that makes sense.

It will obviously take many more easy miles (this shoe is not a racer) to make sure nothing in my body is being affected negatively but if things check out I will happily grab 3 more pair while I can get them at that price.

B-Plus

MI_Tim

I had the Go Run Rides.  They lasted a good long while for me (I didn't actually track the miles).

LRB

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Skechers_GoRun_4/descpage-SKGR4M1.html

Finally making it to RW is huge for the brand as most people wondered why if they were so good why they weren't available there.

As for my little experiment, I have run in the 3's enough to feel comfortable paying full price for it.  Moving forward the only thing that would sway my decision is how the shoe looks, no different than any other shoe I run in. If I do not like it, I am not going to wear it.  Period.

B-Plus

With or without insole?

No more marathons

6pm mens here Amazon women's here

Interestingly enough they were $38 on Amazon as well but an onslaught on sales a few weeks ago boosted the price back up.

How's the sizing in comparison to your other shoes?

I'm currently in a size 10 Sayonara and am looking for something with a little more cushion.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

With or without insole?

I did not quite like the feel walking around without the insole so I only have run with them.

Sky I bought it a half size up as usual and have had no issues that way.

Funny story; I told a lady friend who runs about them and she asked if I got them from Kohls.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Funny story; I told a lady friend who runs about them and she asked if I got them from Kohls.

Kohls actually sells "real" running shoes on-line. Every so often they will have a pair in store that got returned. They don't carry Mizunos, so not really helpful to me.

I did get a pair of Asic Phoniex a few years ago for $10. They were 80% off and I had a 30% coupon.

B-Plus

Finally making it to RW is huge for the brand as most people wondered why if they were so good why they weren't available there.

As for my little experiment, I have run in the 3's enough to feel comfortable paying full price for it.  Moving forward the only thing that would sway my decision is how the shoe looks, no different than any other shoe I run in. If I do not like it, I am not going to wear it.  Period.

I was thinking this would make for a juicy price when they go on discount, but I guess it won't be anywhere near $35.

LRB

I was thinking this would make for a juicy price when they go on discount, but I guess it won't be anywhere near $35.

The closest I have seen another shoe was my DST's which I copped for $55.