Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES - Rise of the meniscus (Read 43 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

26.2 at a briskly easy pace, because I was feeling mentally and physically good and the weather was favorable.    A car blared its horn at me as well while coming up from behind.  Not a nice "honk honk" from someone who might have recognized me, just spiteful.  I flipped them a "you're number one" hand gesture, but sadly they did not stop to garner further wishes of a pleasant morning.

Dang, 2.6.2 at a briskly easy pace!  Impressive, Jay!  Probably a good thing the person didn't stop...some of those crazy folks out there have weapons with them and will like as not get out and start shooting at you.  Especially here in Texas, we got lots of crazy folks.

14 years of running and still getting faster...way to go, Beth!

Kristin, sorry about the shin, hope you figure it out!  Worse comes to worse, maybe an MRI to see what's going on in there, if your health insurance will allow that.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty,

Out of curiosity, what exactly could you have had done 4 times (different or otherwise) to your knees?  How many on one or the other or both?? (I talked to a guy who had 3; 2 on one knee & 1 on the other) and called himself the "king" of knee problems.  Pffft.....what does he know? Wink

And I did get the lawn mowed & did my 4 sets of decline pushups & pullups so I got some good upper body pump going after that.  Better than nothin. (and the lawn looks good) Clown

Two of the surgeries were a result of one of my helicopter crashes during my military days.  The third was for a torn meniscus I got when I was out doing a winter trail run, hit a root, twisted my knee, and went down hard....the 4th was to clean out some arthritis buildup in the knee and they also took care of a bit of chipped bone in there.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

But BE PREVENTIVE.  Stretching, strength training to keep all your supporting muscles strong

I am stretching like a mofo these days trust me.  Shit pretty soon, I will be able to pick my nose with my toes!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Tornado warnings abound and my power has already went off and on four times.  I can tolerate a lot but sleeping in total silence (I sleep with a fan on) is a deal breaker.  I do not know how people do that but the few times I have had t do it, I nearly went loco!

Ha ha, I just saw this.  That's pretty funny.  I usually like some noise too but think I can sleep either way.  I used to do the radio or TV thing when I was younger.  Sleep timer was my friend.  Then as I got older I'd read articles about how that wasn't good for you, blah, blah so I stopped.  I don't really have sleep issues, but wonder if I'd sleep even better if I picked up a noise assist habit.  Wink

Wow.....just saw some pics of the damage in Illinois.  Yikes!!  Hopefully everybody's ok.

Randy