Beginners and Beyond

What three weeks of nothing does to your body (Read 91 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That's depressing!  But I will deal with it all to be pain free again.

I am glad I never measured my legs during my crutches time!  My PT had me flex my quads the other day and she said my operated leg is still smaller than my other leg, but it's almost back to normal.

I don't know how much you were planking before, but my planks came back pretty quickly.  Those were back to normal after maybe two weeks or so.

Running is dumb.

LRB

I don't know how much you were planking before, but my planks came back pretty quickly.

Why won't I plank?  Even just 60 stupid seconds a day would be better than nothing but I just will not do it.  I guess the operative word there is stupid, which apparently I am because nothing else will explain it. 

MothAudio

The degree of fitness lost and your recovery is directly tied to your level of fitness prior to the period of inactivity.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oksi, I failed you Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

Four -  Yeah, it'll be a slow progression back to "normal" I'm sure and then I'll have to figure out how to run again.   It's crazy to think about losing an inch in diameter!

Mandy - I was pretty regular with the planks and side planks, maybe 3-4 times a week.   I could easily hold a minute of a standard plank before surgery now that's like a ridiculously difficult feat. 

LRB - DO IT.  You know you should.

Moth - No doubt.   I have heard the same stat that LTH quoted - about two times the time you were down to get back to 100%, I suppose that assumes one was in good shape to start.  Some go into this surgery with a lot of physical restrictions and their rehab is much more difficult. One of my hip flexors was released so I lost all strength almost overnight and that will just take time.  Right now, my leg feels like it weighs 200 pounds.  

Free - Sorry your race didn't go well.  Sad

LRB

LRB - DO IT.  You know you should.

Quoted so that I cannot say you did not tell me so.  I probably will anyway though.