Beginners and Beyond

Sly Saturday Penguins (Read 30 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens and greetings from Santa Barbara.  Six miles done along the breach!  Life is good.

Sloooow.

Bear with me, on my iPod!

Cherie, I have a lot of issues with my piriformis on the right side. It's actually been behaving itself for the past couple of weeks. I can feel it in my bum cheek, and on bad days the pain goes down the back of my thigh all the way to my knee. Seated stretches help, and I've read it'essential to strengthen abductors and adductors. runners have a lot of strength in their legs to go forward, but they cannot become unbalanced with their muscles side to side, if that makes sense. I've been doing lots of one legged hurdles, and I'm tempted to start walking everywhere sideways lol

Zelanie

Got my run in, but didn't have enough iron today to donate blood.  That's the first time I've had that happen, but also I'm usually more of a slacker as far as going in to donate.  This time I was very close to the 8 week mark, so maybe as a short woman I just need a bit more time between blood draws?

Jerry- Maybe you were running through DW's dreams?

Coralie- That sounds like a tough workout!  You rocked it!

Cherie- Thanks for the RR!  It definitely goes to show how all of your hill and trail work is paying off!

Traci- Hope that you love the Kinvaras!

Jack- Great photo!  Hope you're enjoying the weekend!

GinnyinPA

Z - Iron can be really variable.  I've been low one time and fine the next.  If you're still low the next time you get tested, talk to your doctor.

We're still on the road.  Only three runs this week, which is frustrating, but when you're a guest it can be hard to break away.  Today we headed west along Lake Ontario after saying goodbye to our friends, looking for a campground with some available space.  two state parks were full, so we ended up at a small marina/campground by the lake.   I intended to run late afternoon, but we more or less skipped lunch (had ice cream instead) so my husband wanted an early dinner.  I figured I could still run later, at sundown, but then we found out the campground we are staying at has their annual 4th of July fireworks tonight.  Since our dog is terrified of fireworks, we had to go for a long drive, followed by a stop at MacDonalds where we got internet access while we wait for the show to end.  I hate seeing my dog in a panic.  I'm hoping tomorrow we'll be someplace where I can run again.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice pix, Jack.  I am jealous.    Ran on Hilton Head beach a long time ago and that was really nice.  

Wonder if there is a list somewhere of best beaches for running?

Zelanie

Ginny- That's what I figured about the iron.  One low result once isn't something to worry about, but I'll check into it if it happens again.  Glad you knew about the fireworks ahead of time and were able to get the dog somewhere quieter.