Beginners and Beyond

How Did You Sleep Last Night, MONDAILIES? (Read 61 times)

Fuzzy, have an invigorating recovery run.

Sarah, enjoy your rest day.

Shari, I hope that this URD helps speed the healing.

Hilary, only $50? Cool!

B-Plus, you fall, you arise. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Scott, have a great workout.

FreeSoul87, I hope that the easy five miles refresh you.

What's happening, Damaris?

AmiK, I hope that you manage to run and that DS feels well soon.

SIAR, great run this morning. I hope that your second run goes well, too.

AprilRunner, wonderful job fitting Myrtl and core work into your day.

I bought new shoes for the marathon: a pair of Altra The Intuition 1.5. They have the zero drop of my Vibrams and the cushioning of my Asics Gel-Fortitude 5s. While I can still run well in my old shoes, my whole body said "AaaaahSmile" as soon as I tried a new pair.

Docket_Rocket

The asthma and maybe I'm getting sick, I don't know.  I feel better now after lunch AND after filing teh complaint that has taken me weeks to prepare.  With 1 hour to spare, haha.

talk about stress.

Thanks for asking!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I bought new shoes for the marathon: a pair of Altra The Intuition 1.5. They have the zero drop of my Vibrams and the cushioning of my Asics Gel-Fortitude 5s. While I can still run well in my old shoes, my whole body said "AaaaahSmile" as soon as I tried a new pair.

I just bought new shoes myself.  They are such a far reaching departure from anything I have ever worn, that it is going to be interesting to see how it all goes down.

LRB

The asthma and maybe I'm getting sick, I don't know.  I feel better now after lunch AND after filing teh complaint that has taken me weeks to prepare.  With 1 hour to spare, haha.

talk about stress.

Thanks for asking!

We never doubted you BA.

Docket_Rocket

Basya, have you tried those before?  I have them.  They are very very minimal.  Since you have run in Vibrams I assume they'll be fine, but make sure you do some runs with each of the inserts (it comes with two different ones) to make sure you like the insert you'll select.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Story of my life....

I just bought new shoes myself.  They are such a far reaching departure from anything I have ever worn, that it is going to be interesting to see how it all goes down.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Damaris, today was the first I'd ever heard of Altras. I made the same assumption because Vibrams are what I wear for everyday use and for my easy runs.

Which shoes did you buy? The Intuition 1.5s?

Docket_Rocket

I have the intuitions but not sure which version they are (2 years ago).  I only have 3 miles in them because I didn't like the feel of the shoe.  I don't run in Vibrams, so maybe that is it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, daily people!

I managed to squeeze out 10 miles today, even though my body kept telling me to stop earlier. I wanted to run 10 originally, but some time during the run, I thought about cutting it short to 8. Then 9. Then 9.3. Then, finally, 10. Last mile or so took some effort, but I did it.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

BruceD555

I forgot my Garmin at home this morning so I was forced to rely on the dreadmill readout for my run today. I tried something different and ran a fixed time (45 minutes) today and covered up the display with my towel during the run. I also turned on the TV and watched an old NCIS on USA and ended up with 5.2 miles.

I may have to play around with this in the future because it really made time fly by since I wasn't able to constantly monitor my actual time/pace but only had the TV episode to mark my progress. Legs feel great and I'm absolutely sold on the easy run to speed recovery after Sunday's LR. Ended up with the ubiquitous stretching and some core work.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

I may have to play around with this in the future because it really made time fly by since I wasn't able to constantly monitor my actual time/pace but only had the TV episode to mark my progress.

Interesting.  I have however, been having better days on the stupid thing as of late.

Still, two weeks and three days to March 1st!

Afternoon, daily people!

I managed to squeeze out 10 miles today, even though my body kept telling me to stop earlier. I wanted to run 10 originally, but some time during the run, I thought about cutting it short to 8. Then 9. Then 9.3. Then, finally, 10. Last mile or so took some effort, but I did it.

Way to show your body who's the boss!!

Gutting it out when your body is screaming at you to stop is great race training.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I also turned on the TV and watched an old NCIS on USA and ended up with 5.2 miles.

NCIS reruns are great for treadmill runs. Especially episodes with Ziva!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Tom, bravo perservering.

BruceD555, great pace.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

7.9 evening miles done.  According to weather.com, the wind gusts were reaching 50mph and there were a few spots where I had no doubt they were right.  It was still a good easy run anyway.

Basya...I really want to try some Altras myself.  Did you happen to try the Torin on?

LRB...what kicks did you get?

RunTom...Nice job pushing through to the 10.  It's tricky to know the difference between just wanting to quit and needing to listen one's body, but that kind of fortitude will serve you well down the road.

Bruce...Nice job changing it up and running by time.  It's not something I like often, but I agree that it's a good change of pace.  And I couldn't agree more about the easy/recovery runs.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn