Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: We Run! (Read 34 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Glad your Dad arrived safely, Damaris.  Sorry he brought along a tornado and storm watch with him, stay safe!  I know when my MIL comes to visit, we have a Hell watch...

FreeSoul, sorry your run did not go well, and you had leg pain, etc.  If you are running outside in snow, wet, etc,. I'm guessing it's the shoes, unless you have 'waterproof/weatherproof" kind of shoes, like 'all-terrain" made to stand up to all kinds of weather, wet, etc.  I normally get about 300 to 500 miles from my shoes but when I was in Ohio and ran in the winter I'd wear my usual ASICS running shoes and the wet and slush and ice, etc., would really take a toll on them, so about 200 to 250 miles was about par.   And keep in mind if  your shoes get REALLY wet when you're outside in that stuff, sometimes moisture can seep down into the midsole cushioning, causing it to get a bit mis-shaped over time, which can also create some problems.    I would suggest trying a different pair of shoes as an experiment and see if you have the same leg problems.  If not, then you know it's your shoes.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt