Beginners and Beyond

It's cold, but I want to run (Read 367 times)

Just B.S.

I think my ancestors were courtesans of the King of France, and thus, were used to life in the castle. I don't do any of the things you speak of. Big grin

Ahhhh, I see!LOL

My ancestors were kicked out of NY state for being loyal to old King George III and ended up on

the frozen shores of  the Bay of Fundy, living in tents and making friends with the Mikmaq.Big grin

happylily

Ahhhh, I see!LOL

My ancestors were kicked out of NY state for being loyal to old King George III and ended up on

the frozen shores of  the Bay of Fundy, living in tents and making friends with the Mikmaq.Big grin

Actually, two of my direct ancestors, my grand-mother's great-great-grand-father and great uncle, were hung during the rebellion against the British, in 1838. I'm a proud descendant of famous trouble-makers. Big grin

King George III, wasn't he the crazy one? Why am I not surprised? Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

I also live down south and it has been in the 30s/rainy all week.  Been running in running shorts and tech shirts.  If I can do it you can too!!!  But then again, I do have fur and have been eating berries and fish all summer in preparation for the winter, so it might not be an apt comparison.

It's 34 and rainy here today, and i will be going out in running tights, a short sleeve tech and a jacket. I guess I could wear less, but I don't usually warm up for close to an hour.

sugnim

Very funny.

Except no one in San Diego has a face warmer.

Big grin

sugnim

Very funny.

Except no one in San Diego has a face warmer.

True.  Although my Mom lives in LA and was surprised & disappointed when I couldn't find a hand muff for her--she thought they would be in every store & used by everyone here in MT.

After clicking on your link, I think those are only used by Mrs. Claus.

Sloooow.

Love the picture! It's in the 30's in Southern LA at the moment, and people are practically in snow suits. I did a 5K a few weeks a go and I was one of only a small few with shorts and a t-shirt on.

I have been spoiled by the heat here. I get pretty uncomfortable in the 30's and above the 70's. Less tolerant to the cold, and still not used to the heat, go figure.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Oh Coralie, do you live in Louisiana? I lived in New Orleans for a bit.  Excited to go back and visit next month!

Love the picture! It's in the 30's in Southern LA at the moment, and people are practically in snow suits. I did a 5K a few weeks a go and I was one of only a small few with shorts and a t-shirt on.

I have been spoiled by the heat here. I get pretty uncomfortable in the 30's and above the 70's. Less tolerant to the cold, and still not used to the heat, go figure.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.