Beginners and Beyond

Boston Finish Line Memorial (Read 101 times)

RSX

If I did this right there are some pictures on this post.

Last weekend I went to the scene near the boat in Watertown (my hometown). CNN and about 8 other trucks were there asking us questions. All these people including me were just hanging out talking about the whole thing. We were about 4 houses away from the boat. The boat left the area on Friday as helipcoptors flew above for some reason (we heard them from a mile away), but the neighborhood is still blocked.

I went to the Memorial yesterday, very moving. It was very crowded (as was that whole street) which is nice. The weird thing is that most people thought there was a certain order to it so stood in a long line like they were at a wake. I went in reverse order. There were displays of people dropping off shoes, flowers, hats, posters, and everything else. I signed a card along with everyone else, and stayed for a half hour but could have easily stayed longer.

The boarded up window picture is Marathon Sports. The building is maybe 5 stories, and at least 1 window on each floor was blown out. I found the other explosion but that picture didn't come out. A restaurant had it's whole front window blown out.

At the Memorial I saw a woman wearing a Watertown Strong t shirt. I went to the mall in Watertown the day before looking for them, and bought a Boston one. I asked the woman where to get it and she tipped me off. Drove to the place right after, and there was a long line making them on the fly. They wanted to sell them cheap to make them available plus they are donating proceeds. I have been telling people I always thought Watertown was dull, but not anymore!!

I went to the shootout scene today . All this talk about the younger brother being outside the perimeter is BS. The FBI was in charge of that not Watertown Police who know the area much better obviously. I measured the distance in my car and it came out to be 1/2 mile or 10 blocks away. (We met some possible tenants today who heard all the shooting from a block away)

Hip Redux

I was at the memorial yesterday too!  And also at Marathon Sports.   The whole thing was surreal.   I started off in the line to the memorial and then I realized we could start on the other end - not sure why there was a line, really.

Your pics aren't showing up for me though Sad

Hip Redux

Here's one of my pics that I posted in the Sat dailies:

I ran past Marathon Sports Friday afternoon. Marathon Sports is almost finished. A restaurant a few doors before it is being renovated. Others than that, the neighborhood looked completely normal.

runwell3

how do you get pictures to show on a posting?

Love the Half

how do you get pictures to show on a posting?

Here's how I do it.  Upload the pictures to another site such as photobucket.  Then, click on the little tree icon.  It's the tenth icon from the left at the top.  That will open a dialogue box that will say "Image URL" and "Image Title."  Copy and paste the image URL where indicated.  You don't have to give the image a title.  As far as I know, you can't upload them directly from your computer.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Village people

DH drove to Boston to run, yesterday. He took some pics of the memorials. It seemed to be a busy spot.

happylily

That is really touching. Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing this, RSX.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RSX

Here's how I do it.  Upload the pictures to another site such as photobucket.  Then, click on the little tree icon.  It's the tenth icon from the left at the top.  That will open a dialogue box that will say "Image URL" and "Image Title."  Copy and paste the image URL where indicated.  You don't have to give the image a title.  As far as I know, you can't upload them directly from your computer.

Thanks I will try that later. I have no trouble loading pictures on other sites though or my emails for that matter.

Hip Redux

RSX - if you can't figure it out and want to email me your pics, I can post them for you.  Or I can post some of mine (we probably have similar photos!).

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

You can also upload pictures to Facebook (I have an album set so that only I can see the photos) then just right click on them and click on "copy image URL" (or go to properties and then copy the URL).

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

RSX

RSX - if you can't figure it out and want to email me your pics, I can post them for you.  Or I can post some of mine (we probably have similar photos!).

Why don't you post what you have. I will try it from home tonight if I have something different. I did set up PB but need to learn 1 way or another. Thanks.

Hip Redux

OK here are a few shots of memorial/Marathon Sports, etc that I got on Saturday:

The front of Marathon Sports:

Memorial running shoes (SO MANY!)

Running shirts along the barrier:

Baseball hats:

One of the many signs with notes from folks:

rmorrissey64

FYI you can get Watertown Strong T-shirts here:

http://www.trmsites.com/shop/home.asp?siteid=90137

They benefit the Watertown Police Foundation.

Nevrgivup

I went back today with some nurses who were also in the medical tent with me. Amazing memorial. Felt good to take the first step back in the city since the attacks. Every day is precious.  Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del.