Beginners and Beyond

Damn new Garmin...pairing troubles :( (Read 74 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't think it would be this damn hard for my new watch to connect and transfer to the computer. I keep reinstalling the ant agent plug in thing, then sitting here waiting for it to connect and transfer. I have all 3 options on yes: Force Send, Pairing and Enabled. What am I doing wrong damn it!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cmb4314

All I can find is maybe the computer is not enabled for pairing even though the watch is?  It describes it here:

http://connect.garmin.com/help/faq

I seem to recall it being difficult when I got my most recent Garmin.  I had to mess around with it for a while before I figured it out, but I don't remember what I did.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

I was never able to successfully transfer workouts from my Garmin to my computer. At the time, I was using an old Macbook (circa '06) and I think the old OS was the culprit.

In transit, arriving on time. 

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Mine gives me trouble every time.

I find that if I leave it and go back to it a few hours later it works.  **shrug**

delicate flower

FreeSoul, I know you have the 410 (same as me).  Dumb question but have you paired the watch to the Ant Agent?

Mine occasionally gives me problems, and simply unplugging the Ant stick and plugging it back in works wonders.  For the most part though, I have little problems with the transfer.

<3

Hip Redux

The other day I was swearing up a storm because my Garmin wouldn't sync with my computer.

I forgot my ANT+ stick wasn't plugged in.

So.  Check to be sure the stick is in.  First. lol

I did have problems initially but the help online walked me through it - can't remember what I did but I would look at their help files!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I actually googled it and found the answer, I had to enable the ant agent to pair with another device. For some reason (please don't make fun) I could have sworn my old watch was a 410 but it was a 405 (I never really looked). In short, my 410 is now pairing no  problem Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Even if that was not the problem, I always had pairing troubles on my PC, especially with a new unit.  Sometimes I tried uploading more than 20 times before I quit for the night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sometimes I tried uploading more than 20 times before I quit for the night.

Sounds like a pain in the ass.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas