Beginners and Beyond

Colon Screening For Life 5k - Link to photographs inside (Read 103 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This time I was picky about what images I was going to post on my website, which is why it has taken me a little over a week to get them finished. I'm sure I'll pick more when I get the chance, but these few images stood out.

http://freesoulphotography.smugmug.com/Events/Sports/Colon-Screening-for-Life-5k/30186545_Ft8zqV#!i=2596849963&k=g2Jj3dv

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

#artbydmcbride

Before I click on that link..............these aren't pics of anyone's colon, right?

Runners run

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, no there isn't. Though there was a giant, 40 foot long colon on display for kids and adults to go through......... I didn't and I didn't take pictures of it either.

Before I click on that link..............these aren't pics of anyone's colon, right?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Photo #3 - is that beefcake photo of the guys crossing the finish line posted especially for the ladies to view?Smile

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Dr. Cornsitter

Photo #3 - is that beefcake photo of the guys crossing the finish line posted especially for the ladies to view?Smile

Me gusta mucho!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very nice photos.  I like that one of the lady in red (bib 1642) running with her eyes closed.  Quite a talent!  I tried that, I'd run into something, lol.

Which one are you?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

FS, I'll look at the pictures later, I looked at a couple from my phone, just too much to scroll through them all. I did a colon awareness sponsored run back in March, and I did take a pic of the big inflatable colon, but then again, I'm a colon cancer survivor.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Image 3 is actually before the start, apparently they had about 3-5 more minutes before they could start so a few of the fast guys (all there of which finished under 20 minutes I think) just took off for a quick sprint.

I am not in these photos, I was the photographer this time. I ran at the Laufenfest 5k this past Saturday and I am still deciding whether to post an RR with pics here, DH is my "assistant" photographer for races that I run in, though he has yet to really figure out my camera so I don't normally post those images as FreeSoul Photography.

hog4life, I was not expecting such a turnout but it is truly amazing how our favorite sports can be used to donate and fund important issues like this.

PRs

Will run for scenery.

Yeah, the title had me a little worried as well.  I never quite got over that Katie Couric segment.

Nice pics, though.  Some could be used for the Dos and Don'ts of running form !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

I wouldn't call him a beefcake, though....

Nice pics, FreeSoul!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, true.

Yeah, the title had me a little worried as well.  I never quite got over that Katie Couric segment.

Nice pics, though.  Some could be used for the Dos and Don'ts of running form !

PRs

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

"Come see our giant colon after the race."

"Yes.  Kids should come see and climb through this 40-foot colon."

Something witty

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

And I would have to agree with your like for sneaking around for the candid shots.  Of the ones I've seen in the pre-races photos, you capture a great shot of people.

Something witty

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thank you, I have one of you but it looks like you're actually watching me so it's not very candid dang it. People are more natural when they aren't expecting their picture to be taken.

And I would have to agree with your like for sneaking around for the candid shots.  Of the ones I've seen in the pre-races photos, you capture a great shot of people.

PRs

paulski66

miscreant

Some nice pics. Me personally, I might not stop down all the way to f/9; f/5.6 or so should allow more subject isolation while also speeding up the shutter speed to better freeze the action. But these are good.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...