Beginners and Beyond

Squeaking shoe issue (Read 28 times)

Dad on the run.

I bought a pair of nimbus 15s and the left shoe at the ball of the foot is squeaking. Is this going to affect the performance of the shoes? I bought them from zappos so the option to return them is there.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

I bought a pair of nimbus 15s and the left shoe at the ball of the foot is squeaking. Is this going to affect the performance of the shoes? I bought them from zappos so the option to return them is there.

My current shoes (Nike Vomero 7) squeaked a little when I first got them. Enough to hear it walking around the house but not while I was running. By maybe the 3rd or 4th run it stopped and they've been fine. If the shoes seem fine otherwise they're probably ok

LRB

I bought a pair of nimbus 15s and the left shoe at the ball of the foot is squeaking.

That is weird.  My orthotics squeaked sometimes and then I invented a squeak stopper; a piece of paper towel between the insoles and the shoe.  Genius right?!

Seriously though, to hear a squeak in the area you describe might suggest a hole of some kind, which may be a defect.  : shrugs shoulders:

I have had this in new shoes & it went away.

Dave