Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES: Fridailies' Scrawny Little Cousin (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

I thought that yesterday the teacher here said these ones and those ones was not acceptable? Did I misunderstand something? Make up your mind, guys! 

Oops, Jack is going to kill me!

English is not my first language, so I get a pass. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Some ding a ling just came up to my table and asked if I was the guy that won the race put on by the Township last month. 

LRB

Okay, that was funny!

Docket_Rocket

Okay, that was funny!

But it's true! 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Most men have beer at home, I had to dine out to have one. 

Thanks Dave.

Man this is some good shit!  Thanks again Dave.  No really!

Man this is some good shit!  Thanks again Dave.  No really!

My pleasure. And you made a good choice. All this talk & I had one as soon as I got home too.

Damaris - non-native speakers often use better English than natives. Lily is a good example.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

My pleasure. And you made a good choice. All this talk & I had one as soon as I got home too.

Damaris - non-native speakers often use better English than natives. Lily is a good example.

There is a reason I booked 12 classes in law school (highest grade of the class).  I could not believe how bad most English natives were writing and analyzing.  Sheesh.

I still make mistakes.  And I like people to correct me because that's how I learn.  So, feel free.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I still make mistakes.  And I like people to correct me because that's how I learn.  So, feel free.

Good to know. I was a bit reluctant to make my comment earlier because you never know. I got ripped here once for making a grammar correction, in what I thought was a pretty constructive & diplomatic manner.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Good to know. I was a bit reluctant to make my comment earlier because you never know. I got ripped here once for making a grammar correction, in what I thought was a pretty constructive & diplomatic manner.

Oh, I don't mind.  Feel free.

There are things that don't make sense to me.  It took me years to not say did you noticed, mostly because in Spanish, it does not make sense to have to verbs in two different tenses.  In Spanish, the translation would read something like did you noticed.  It's frustrating sometimes.

But I am great in French and Italian.  They are very similar to Spanish, so that helps. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I remember rhat.

I am not above grammar critique either and in fact welcome it.  I would rather be corrected than to look like an idiot...or continue to look like an idiot I should say.  lol

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Oops, Jack is going to kill me!

If you like being redundant that is your choice. Wink

Now I'm getting a beer!

LRB

Now I'm getting a beer!

It's an epidemic!

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You know I will see those things immediately.

3.3 miles for me and Dorian with Team 13 tonight, it went a lot easier.

Finally someone who recognizes my fine sense of humor... Thank you, Andrea. 

I like a cold beer on a hot summer day and I'll drink it like water. Did you know that Ménage à Trois, a Californian wine, is the most popular wine in Quebec at the moment? Neither did I... I learned that while I was reading the paper and eating my salad at McDonald's, today.

So I had high goals for today's run, but the temperature climbed up to 82F at the end of the day and I could only manage 10 at 7:52 pace, plus one last mile at easier pace, overall 8:01 pace for 11 miles. No break. If I go with the weather conversion calculator, which says about 4 seconds lost per slice of 5F above 60F, it's like I ran 10 miles at a 7:36 effort. That's steady state for me, so I'm happy with that.

Now off to get hydration and food. I'll be back.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

There are things that don't make sense to me.  It took me years to not say did you noticed, mostly because in Spanish, it does not make sense to have to verbs in two different tenses.  In Spanish, the translation would read something like did you noticed.  It's frustrating sometimes.

You would appreciate this: English is crazy

Dave