Beginners and Beyond

Alternate Chili Run - RR (Read 32 times)

RabbitChaser

What: Alternate Chili Run
    Where: Wyandotte County Lake Park, Kansas City, KS
    When: December 14, 2013
    Distance: 10.35 miles
    Weather: cold and windy with a feels-like temp of 13F
    Goal: to push the pace a bit and have fun
    Finish Time: 1:47:47

I treated the race as a training run, pushing the pace a bit, but not running it at race effort. The conditions made me take it easier than I had planned on, but I still surprised myself with my time. My fastest time on the course this year, before the race, was 2:05:? and my fastest run ever on the course was 1:52:? from last year. The course last year started in a different spot making the big hills at the end of the real loop not seem as bad, plus there was no snow or ice on the ground last year. If you want to read the full report with a few pictures, follow the below link:

http://ericsrunningadventures.blogspot.com/2013/12/alternate-chili-run-december-14-2013.html

Enjoy,

Eric

Docket_Rocket

Nice job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

It looks like a nice place to run, though better without the snow.  Glad you didn't get hurt when you fell.  You took it easy but still did a course PR - congratulations.

RabbitChaser

Damaris - Thanks!

Ginny - Thanks! It is a fun place to run.

LRB

The pics speak to the conditions well.  Congrats on the race!

RabbitChaser

Thanks, LRB!