Beginners and Beyond

NorthCoast 12/24 Hour Endurance Run Sept 2013 (Read 366 times)

Just a quick note to let people know that registration has opened, and the fees are reduced through Cyber Monday: http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=18273 There are 4 from the BF who were crazy enough to register early this morning (or rather, late last night). Smile Come join the fun! There is also a FB group, so feel free to join. Hoping to meet even more folks next year!
    MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hi Sue!  Smile

Running is dumb.

Hey Mandy! You're getting 10 months of notice this year. Get your butt over to Ohio in Sept! Smile
        MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I can't!  I'm locked into pacing and crewing at Sawtooth Superior every year!  (Of course, my runner has deemed that it is okay if I want to run the entire thing with her, but my balls aren't that big.)

Running is dumb.

toyger

I'm in! Cool

Jen

Smile 

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I registered for the Vulture Bait 50k so it is highly unlikely I will be doing this one. Cry

I am going to miss everyone.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

I'm in!

I registered for the Vulture Bait 50k so it is highly unlikely I will be doing this one. Cry

I am going to miss everyone.

Darn it, Mandy and Lori! Looking forward to seeing you, Jen, Jenny, and Angela!
                    MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Darn it, Mandy and Lori! Looking forward to seeing you, Jen, Jenny, and Angela!

But I will see you in March at LBL, Sue!  I am *so* excited! 

Running is dumb.

But I will see you in March at LBL, Sue!  I am *so* excited! 

Me too, Mandy! And you get to meet Jen (toyger) too!
                        wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I finally found my way over here. I really think I'd like to run this time but I'm hesitant to commit to something that far ahead as well as so far outside my running experience. I've had a history over the last 5-6 years of incurring injuries any time I try to bump my mileage up to more than about 40 mpw. While the injuries haven't been serious, they've take sometimes months to heal and I not only lose fitness but speed each time. Sorry but speed is important to me since I'm usually at the other end of the spectrum. I have 3-4 800m and mile races planned for this winter.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

toyger

George, sign up!

i'm already looking forward to next year. 

Sue, you have a new avi pic. Cute!

Jen

George-Welcome! FWIW, I think maintaining speedwork is important for running ultras. It's not all about long and easy miles. Here's an article: the info is pretty basic but the comments are interesting and more helpful. You have 5-6 months after this winter racing season to train for Northcoast! http://www.irunfar.com/2012/04/your-bag-of-tricks-essential-elements-of-successful-ultramarathon-training.html Jen-That's Timmy!
                              aplodder

Susan

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.  The BF is Spam Central Station this morning, so I decided to quit lurking and post here.  (At work, or I would upload an avatar.)