Beginners and Beyond

Just Need To Whine - NRR (Read 139 times)

Trail Monster

Do you deal with nuclear plants? Demand in some jobs in nuclear is high. Very regimented working conditions though. Everything you do has a written procedure and you have to follow it even if it is the absolute dumbest possible way to perform the task.

Still, there is good money in Nuclear. Possible travel as well though, unless you get in with a company that owns a plant or two (or 3) like, say, FirstEnergy Corporation or down here at TVA.

Yes, I do nuclear but usually at their fab/production shops and not the plants themselves. I will keep it in mind if things go south with returning to my old employer. Thanks!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

From the Internet.

Thanks everyone! They laid off 27 more people today so I'd say the end is near for this company. Thankfully I will be back at the old job Monday.

I missed this thread when you first posted it, good to hear that even if it's not ideal at least you're not totally out of a job. How completely frustrating, I hope you find an even better opportunity soon!

LRB

Thanks everyone! They laid off 27 more people today so I'd say the end is near for this company. Thankfully I will be back at the old job Monday.

So Friday was a good day after all.  Excellent!