Beginners and Beyond

Do you like where you live in regards to running? (Read 168 times)

Birdwell

I live in the true epicenter of trail running (no, it's not in Colorado)

Southwestern Utah. I'm 20 minutes from Zion National park, 90 Minutes from Bryce Canyon National park.

I have trails going to 10,000'+ within minutes of my front door. I can get to sweet single track, slickrock, hardpack, or smooth trails all on foot with very little effort.

It's the best.

Basya, I don't know you too well, but the Fat Man Chili Cup doesn't sound like your kind of race!  I picture a bunch of tubby Texan dudes drinking beer !   Tell me I am mistaken.

where do I sign up?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Will run for scenery.

I love where I live (Colorado Springs) wrt running.  I can't believe I lived here for 10 years and never took advantage of it.  The downside is that so many people here are so good (plenty of Olympic and pro athletes live/train here) that it can be intimidating to be a mere mortal.

The winters are not bad, but I am pretty wimpy; this year I will train year-round.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

RSX

I'm doing the Baystate full and the Fattman Chilly Cup HM three weeks later.

I'm still thinking of registering for a HM the day after Yom Kippur.

The Marathon Sports 5 Miler is a great race if you haven't done it before. It is on 7/18

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

I live in southwestern Colorado. 'Nuff said. :-)