Beginners and Beyond

2013 Tyler Rose HM - RR (Read 79 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

LRB

Custom from my coach based on a VO2max test as well as bi-weekly coach/ group workouts, advanced technique training and just being damn dedicated.

10 days ago I was looking at a 55F race day which would have been sweet! However, my summer training in temps from 98-108 in the blazing sun really made me 'feel' that 70 was nice and cool.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That looks like a tough course!  Congrats to you and DW!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

TakeAHike

Wow that was a great race.  It will be interesting to see how you do in your goal race when you have tapered.  I can't imagine feeling rough legs in the first few miles and still maintaining such an aggressive pace throughout.  Nicely done.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

RR after RR I am so impressed with all of you RA regulars.  Just an incredible performance.  Can't wait to find out how the one in December goes.

B-Plus

Wow! That's a really awesome time, especially on that course. Congrats on the huge PR.

meaghansketch

Congrats!  That is a fantastic result, especially for a warm day, a hilly course, and no taper.  It's gutsy for sure to go out hard on tired legs, but that huge PR shows that it paid off for you, and indicates you've got at least a couple extra minutes you can shave off your time with a taper, a cooler day, and a flatter course.  Amazing job!  Can't wait for your RR from your goal race!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Great racing for you and your wife.  Training through a race is a scary experience, but it can be a great confidence boost when it goes well.  Yours definitely did!  That was a tough course to run on, and some tough conditions too.  Way to gut it out and keep your legs moving just by staying strong mentally.  Remember that feeling!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

That is a heck of a race with no taper and on hills.

Congrats on the monster PR.

tracilynn

Congrats to you and your wife on great races!

You are so fast!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Siar

You are so right! I had growing trepidation for two weeks until "Go!". It was a huge confidence boost for sure.

Thanks all!