Beginners and Beyond

July 2014 Racing Thread (Read 50 times)

Official time = 57:32 thanks to beautiful weather

7/4 Peachtree Road Race (10K)  Goal= 57:52 or better

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Official time = 57:32 thanks to beautiful weather (a course PR)

Corrected official time by Atlanta Track Club = 57:16  Yeah!!!

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

bluerun

Super B****

7/13 -- NYCRUNS Shore Road Summer Mini-Series #2 (5K)

Bad Ass

All updated.

Congrats on the PR, bluerun (nice RR)!  And bozydeco!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Brrr

Uffda

07/04 Brr - Lake Agassiz Pacers Trollwood 10k (Goal: Course PR - 47:32)

I ran a 46:44, which is a course PR, which was my goal. Smile

I knew I was undertrained for the race going in to it. I only had about one solid week of training, which really isn't considered training.

- Andrew

7/8 - Dtothe2nd - Summer Series I

7/15 - Dtothe2nd - Summer Series II

7/22 - Dtothe2nd - Summer Series III

7/29 - Dtothe2nd - TSMS 5k - goal: sub-19

For the first race, everyone estimates their finish time, and we do a staggered start, the goal is to have everyone finish together.

The second race is a random relay, teams are picked at random and everyone does a 1 mile leg.

The third race is new for this year, it's a poker run.  You get a card at the start and then a card each mile and the best hand wins a prize.

Cool races!

bluerun

Super B****

NYCRUNS Shore Road Summer Mini-Series #2 (5K) -- DNS b/c I've been blessed with a sorry shitty excuse for a body

outoftheblue

I think I can safely count myself in for SF marathon on the 27th now.

PRs:  5K (26:35); 10K (54:31); HM (1:58:53); FM (4:37:59)

PADRunner

07/12 PADRunner - Race Against Misogyny & Sexism (RAMS VIII) 5K - 31:22 3rd AG

• 7/19 Decatur-Dekalb 4 Miler Goal < 36:16

Bad Ass

All updated!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

One more for you ...

7/13 B+ - 5k - goal sub-18:20 Result 18:39

DNS.  DW and I had to take DS2 out of town on Saturday.

• 7/19 Decatur-Dekalb 4 Miler Goal < 36:16

Muddling through

7/26 Endless Summer 6-Hour Run - 24.3 miles in heat and high humidity, race report

2014 Goals: Run first trail ultra, first 100K, and see what I can do in a 24-Hour race

Pura Vida

Hey D, it's really not a big deal, but they did update the chip times and my time was changed to be a minute faster.  Do you mind changing mine to 1:58:39?

Thank you!

PRs: 5K: 25:35 / 10K: 53:03 / 10mi: 1:26:15 / HM: 1:55:02

Upcoming: Beat the Blerch 10K 9/21, Portland Marathon (debut) 10/5