Beginners and Beyond

How'd she do that, TUESDAILIES? (Read 72 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Glad your treadmill run went well, LRB!

Wishing Phil all the luck at his surgery today and a very speedy recovery!

Scott, so sorry to hear about your DD's ankle, hope it is nothing serious.  Good luck with your 9 today!

Congrats on your longest in a while, lilac.  Sorry about the post-run soreness though.  Get some biofreeze, stuff works great!

Gee, Kristin, who needs an alarm clock? Joking

-1F and you are seriously thinking about running outside, Just B.S? Shocked  More power to you!  I bet you are looking forward to Florida!

Uh oh, stay away from Damaris today, she is in a head-chopping mood...  Wink

Have fun with your active day, Step!

Thanks for starting us off, Kay!  hope the new shoes work great for you!

I did a light workout yesterday, Sparker...I had to change a light bulb.   Good luck with your activity today!

April, good luck with your 7 on the dicey roads.  You're going to run a 1.5 loop how many times?  Sounds like you'd be on a giant track going in circles.

Wow, flarunner, San Antonio actually has better winter weather in Feb for a change than Florida does, go figure.  Congrats on your 6.

Congrats on your miles, Robert.

Good luck with your afternoon activity, Basya.  What do you do for cardio?  For me it's stairmaster machine and the rowing machine, besides my running.  That darn rowing machine kicks my butt every time!

Safe trip to DC, Bruce, and good luck getting your running in!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

@runjerseygirl

Kristin, I heard something like that once when I shared a flat.  Apparently, hearing it has the same effect on me as seeing it...at least TWSS.

Well now!  That's a bit of information to keep in the back of my mind.  Wink

Do you even run?

Pinktastic

Good Morning Runners!!

Kay – Thanks for starting us off with a laugh this morning and thank you, thank you, thank you for for the delish coffee! Yum!! Have a great run in your new shoes today!!

LRB – Nice run this morning! And, I'm glad that the TM wasn't so bad for you! Have a wonderful day!

Gustav – Great run! It always makes me smile when I read your updates because I know you're happy to be back running again. That's awesome!

Scott – Have a great workout at the gym!

April – Be careful out there tonight! I hope that your run is challengingly wonderful!

Damaris – Go get 'em! They don't know who they're messing with! Enjoy your run tonight!

Flarunner – I'm glad that you were able to get out and enjoy the cooler temps on your run this morning! Have a great day!

Robert – Nice run! What a great way to start the day!

Kristin10185 – Congrats on a pain-free run! Great progress! Out of my own curiosity, how often do you do planks? Are they recommended for everyday or are they like other strength stuff that you should do every other day? I'm trying to incorporate them, but I have no idea how often to do them.

Basya – Good job getting the push-ups out of the way today! I hope the rest of your workout goes well! You are so consistent and thorough with your workouts so, if you're willing to share, I'd like your thoughts on the question I asked Kristin10185 above. Also, do you do push-ups daily?

Bruce – Sounds like a tight schedule with travel and all. I hope that you're able to sneak in some running time today and tomorrow! Have a safe trip!!

Jedi – I think my legs hurt just reading about your workout! Wow! Great job!

Phil – Good luck today! Please keep us posted on how you're doing!

ImNotScott – Sorry about your DD's ankle! I hope that it's nothing major and she can finish out the schedule. Have a great run later!

Lilac – Damn! I hope that stretching makes you feel considerably better! Have a wonderful day!

Beth – If you are even considering a run outside with the temp at -1, you are a better woman than I am (not that I doubted that for a minute)! Wow, that's cold! Have a Pinksational run!! Do you have a countdown to Ireland started yet?

Dave – Enjoy the lakeside run later today! Sounds like it's going to be a beautiful day to run!

Shari – What a nice thought in your friend's e-mail! Does the virtual coffee we have here every day count? And, since we have the coffee daily, does that mean we'll all live 7 times as long as those only sharing coffee with friends weekly? Hope the TM run later goes smoothly! And, enjoy your lunch with friends!!

Scotty – OMG! What a fabulous husband you are!! I'm sure that Gail will continue to enjoy your thoughtful gift for a long time to come! Have a great run this afternoon!

AmiK – Great run this morning! I'm so glad that it went better than you anticipated that it would! Those kinds of runs are awesome!!

After getting some wonderful stretching suggestions from LRB and Scotty yesterday, I went out for a run this morning, and it was the best run in about 10 days in terms of pain / discomfort.   So, a huge thank you to LRB and Scotty!!   It was so humid that it was misty and foggy this morning - about 58* too so it was warmer & wetter than I would have liked.   I ran for 7.3 miles with a 10:34 m/m average.

Happy Tuesday!!   And, may your next run be Pink-mazing!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

runmomto3boys

Scott: Oh, no!  I hope it is nothing too serious.

Lilac: Congrats!  That's awesome!!!

10-14 for me tonight.  I'm undecided on distance/pace.  Pfitz has this week as an easy peasy one, no speed work or anything, so I'm just taking it day-by-day and seeing how I feel.

Docket_Rocket

Our high temp for Friday is 84F.  I have been depressed since I read that.  Today, a balmy 80F.  I'm tired of this.  Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mostly harmless

X-ray is negative but it is a pretty nasty sprain.  Bad enough that she is on crutches. She will be out the rest of this week for sure. "Senior Night" is next Tuesday. She wants to be back for that but I have my doubts.  She is very stubborn though so who knows. I'm heartbroken for her. As a four year varsity player (three year starter), this is not the way she wanted it to end.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Jess runs for bacon

Pink, glad to hear you had such a good run Smile I'm actually doing the same stretches they told you about yesterday.

Docket_Rocket

Ouch at the sprain.  I am glad it isn't a fracture.

X-ray is negative but it is a pretty nasty sprain.  Bad enough that she is on crutches. She will be out the rest of this week for sure. "Senior Night" is next Tuesday. She wants to be back for that but I have my doubts.  She is very stubborn though so who knows. I'm heartbroken for her. As a four year varsity player (three year starter), this is not the way she wanted it to end.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning Dailies!

I can't wait to be running just about everyday, I really feel my chi or in my zen when I run and it helps even more if it is a couple days in a row. Some stretching today, the 5 miles last night wasn't bad but I do feel a bit tight (I've never ran the day after a 9 mile run). I am also going to rub some of my iron man stuff on my legs, some foam rolling and pretty much taking it easy.

I MIGHT do some strength training, I need to. I will consider house cleaning to be a work out Big grin

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Pinktastic- core muscles are very resilient and can be exercised everyday.  I try to do at least a little core work almost everyday.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

alexis_run_nky

Good afternoon everyone!!

I'm on the bike right now at the gym and I'm not sure how long I'll go for. This whole no running thing is driving me crazy!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Pinktastic

Pinktastic- core muscles are very resilient and can be exercised everyday.  I try to do at least a little core work almost everyday.

Kristin - Thanks, I think!   I'm not a big fan of core work (boring) so I was hoping the answer wouldn't be daily so I'd have a built in excuse not to do it everyday.   ;-)   I appreciate the fast response!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

haha. You don't HAVE to do it everyday, you just *can* if you want. Pretend I said every other day Wink

Kristin - Thanks, I think!   I'm not a big fan of core work (boring) so I was hoping the answer wouldn't be daily so I'd have a built in excuse not to do it everyday.   ;-)   I appreciate the fast response!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

3 miles in 32 minutes.  Felt great, no pain, loved the new shoes.  I'm so excited this run went well.  I was starting to get discouraged.

Do you even run?

LRB

Good afternoon everyone!!

I'm on the bike right now at the gym and I'm not sure how long I'll go for. This whole no running thing is driving me crazy!

Hope everyone has a great day!

It sucks but so does doing nothing.  The elliptical has been my salvation for those time that I cannot run.  How long you on the bench for?