Beginners and Beyond

Race times in sigs (Read 260 times)

If you'll accept an outsider posting....

In consideration of recent events, I think an "outsider" posting constructive information is not only acceptable, it is to be celebrated.

Agree with Kevin, and love the open logs (I think MT has given me some good advice on one of the main boards as well).

Dave

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thanks for popping in guys!

Based on the conversation, I think I'll look into trying the training log.  I've never used it.  I'm kind of a paper and pencil guy, besides Garmin Connect.  You guys bring up some good points too.

Now, to fix my sig.  Big grin

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Antipodean

It's great for tracking weight too. Big grin

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

QuinntheEskimo

Not That Douchey

Now ridiculing another person's time? No. Someone who does this needs to go to another forum where that's acceptable.And in fact many of them have, which is a good thing.

wait wait wait... it's a long standing FACT that the OTHER forum are a bunch of non running lazy asses.

i dont even think they talk about running over there. bunch of inbreds.

Docket_Rocket

you must do the logs here.  That's where I keep all my mileage and shoes data.  And seeing the pacer bunny for my goal mileage for the year is also useful.

Although anybody looking at my long would go WTF....

Thanks for popping in guys!

Based on the conversation, I think I'll look into trying the training log.  I've never used it.  I'm kind of a paper and pencil guy, besides Garmin Connect.  You guys bring up some good points too.

Now, to fix my sig.  Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Only the ones under 2:20 bother me.

Wink

GinnyinPA

How do you get the pacer bunny?

MrNamtor

How do you get the pacer bunny?

Under widgets select "goal" and drag it into your graphs area. Setting your goal should activate the pace bunny.

I'm sure someone mentioned this but the report area in each user group is very useful in conjunction with the graph. You can sort the listing of members by distance (ascending or descending) or time and see where you rank with your fellow forumites regarding the volume of your training. You can also group the data by a variety of time periods or a custom time period to see how much you ran in say the past 7days/30 days/3 months etc., and how that compares to others on the forum.

On the very far right at the top of your training log is a button called Widgets, there is a dropdown option called Goal. Select that & you should be able to figure it out. Took me a long time (actually I also had to ask on the forum) because if you are on an iPad, which I always am, it is not immediately visible & you need to scroll over to the right.

Dave

B-Plus

you must do the logs here.  That's where I keep all my mileage and shoes data.  And seeing the pacer bunny for my goal mileage for the year is also useful.

Although anybody looking at my long would go WTF....

I've seen the shoes in your log, and I did say WTF.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Why was Quinn censored?  Dude is a 2:50 marathoner and knows his shit.  He can run.

You people have issues 

Hip Redux

I've seen the shoes in your log, and I did say WTF.

Ha!  Holy toledo, I don't think I would have enough storage in my entire house for that many shoes...

B-Plus

Why was Quinn censored?  Dude is a 2:50 marathoner and knows his shit.  He can run.

I would like to know, but only because I'm a nosy mofo.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Someone has a serious cob up their ass.

You people have issues 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I thought s*s got left behind at RWOL.

Running is dumb.