Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Pancakes Friday (Read 19 times)

Docket_Rocket

ACK. I made it through 4 months of training, with just about 2 months of 2x/week workouts, injury free! Big grin Big grin Big grin Ran my last "big" workout before my races - 2 mile warmup, 3.5 mile progression up through the paces (8:57, 8:34, 7:57, 7:15 for the last half mile), 1.25 mile cooldown. Now it's time to eat shit up and get shit done!

Great news!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Scotty - have fun at your races this weekend.  I was in the mood for pancakes or French toast this morning, but DH was cooking and he wanted to make scrambled eggs instead.  Maybe tomorrow?

PAD - that is a huge number of intervals.  Wow.

D - enjoy your 6 and Pilates this evening.  Do you run first or go to class first?

Mitch - have a good run this evening.

Z - Enjoy your taper.  You must be excited to be so close.  Have fun in Ashland.  What play are you going to see?

HopesMom - have fun tomorrow at the game.

Tracilynn - does it hurt to sleep in compression sleeves?  I've never understood how that works.

Jerry - good job getting your gym workout done.  Have a good run later.

Brilliant - enjoy your rest today and run tomorrow.

Jack - that is insane!  Nice that your one daughter can drive herself or you would really be trying to split yourself in three.  Good thing this is a quiet time for your running/racing.

Lauren - good luck with your race tomorrow.  I'm so glad you made it through the training without injury.

Bin - good job on the long run.  You managed to outrun the poo monster this time, hurray.

AFM:  windy and cool here.  Beautiful day.  I'll do 5 or so later.

Due to the heat, I go to class first.  By the time I'm done it's 7pm and not as hot as 5-6pm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

6 miles done right before dark.