Beginners and Beyond

A question for the shoe hoarders (Read 83 times)

Docket_Rocket

Most boxes of shoes I ever had has been 4. When the New Balance Outlet puts my favorites on clearance plus has a 25% off sale (usually once a month) on top of that I'm in. I have 3 boxes of shoes now so may have to drop by soon.

That is easy. I throw out the boxes.  

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

That is easy. I throw out the boxes.  

Maybe when she questions why I have so many I will take that approach. It hasn't happened yet so maybe I need to buy more to see what that threshold is.

Docket_Rocket

Maybe when she questions why I have so many I will take that approach. It hasn't happened yet so maybe I need to buy more to see what that threshold is.

Yeap.  You are learning!

While deciding to move, we went to see a house.  I saw the walking closet and exclaimed, this will not do.  Only half of my shoes would fit.  My husband knows, but he pretends he does not.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Is this the time to mention I ordered two of the new Hokas?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

I read this thread this morning.  Then I went shopping and saw a beautiful pair of bright purple Ravennas on sale.  I took it as a sign, I mean, they were my size!! Big grin

Mmmmm...beer

The most I've bought at one time was five pair, I'm getting ready to break out the last of those five and I bought them last summer.  So I would agree with others, probably no more than what you'd go through in a year or less.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

I was wondering myself if I should get more of the ones I just got on clearance. This is a new thing for me.

So to celebrate being injured & not running, I went ahead & ordered another pair. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

So to celebrate being injured & not running, I went ahead & ordered another pair. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

RSX

Don't forget a whole bunch of new running clothes while you're at it

RSX

Where is the sock hoarder thread? I have a bunch that weren't bought in packs, I haven't worn yet.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Where is the sock hoarder thread? I have a bunch that weren't bought in packs, I haven't worn yet.

Guilty. I found a deal on Balegas in 2013. One is still in the pack.