Beginners and Beyond

No, They're Not Jehovah's Witnesses, They're The Saturday Penguins! (Read 35 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gustav, sorry about the stupid cold.  You got miles in today, so stay in bed tomorrow!

Naturally, awood, you are sending ALL the Penguins wedding invitations, right?  Wink  Wishing you and your fiancee smooth sailing for all the planning, necessary pre-event actions, and the event itself.  Happy happy!

Congrats on the intervals, Z, have fun with the dogs later!

Easy in South Beach, Damaris?  Isn't South Beach a high-crime area?  I would  think you'd haul-ass running through there!  Congrats on your miles!  Then again, maybe I'm thinking of some other South-whatever...

Every now and then, Bin, you get a running day like that...maybe to remind us just how much we appreciate the good running days we have!  Shake it off, it will get better, this will pass, as you know from being an experienced runner.   Enjoy the rest!

I think you should post Kristin-Zumba photos, Kristin!  Joking  Good luck with your race tomorrow!  BEHAVE yourself!

DW and I got up at 5:30 and ran 10 miles together.  Dang, Jack, you two are definitely motivated!   I think youse two earned some pub time, enjoy!

Vance, glad you are feeling good, hope you stay 100%!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Way to go on the LR, Mitch!

Nice miles, Dave! Coffee AND Girl Scout cookies, huh?  Good luck not devouring the cookies now that you are home again.

Way to go on the 7 miles with dogs and stroller, Jimmy!  Which dog gets to ride in the stroller, or do they just alternate back-and-forth every few miles?  Wink

Glad your run went well Z!  Good luck with your LR tomorrow.  I am doing my LR tomorrow too - all of 5 whole miles, oh wow! Roll eyes

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You guys do know that I'm getting married in Hell.  Right?  http://www.gotohellmi.com/

No problem for me Awood, I have experience,  I LIVED in hell for 8 years for my 2nd marriage...Joking

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

RunningAhead just emailed me my planned workout for tomorrow as it does every evening:

Tomorrow
          Mar

You have scheduled the following workouts for tomorrow

Workout

Workout: Run (Race)
          Distance: 5 k

Eeek! Definitely didn't need to be reminded, no way I was forgetting!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

You guys do know that I'm getting married in Hell.  Right?  http://www.gotohellmi.com/

I've been there! lol  This is one of my favorite pics:

Zel, congrats on the new low!  So far I've only eaten five of the samoas, so that's not too bad.  Gotta try to pace myself. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

RunningAhead just emailed me my planned workout for tomorrow as it does every evening:

Tomorrow
              Mar

You have scheduled the following workouts for tomorrow

Workout

Workout: Run (Race)
              Distance: 5 k

Eeek! Definitely didn't need to be reminded, no way I was forgetting!

Good luck!  You're gonna do great! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

HAHAHAHA it froze over!

I've been there! lol  This is one of my favorite pics:

Zel, congrats on the new low!  So far I've only eaten five of the samoas, so that's not too bad.  Gotta try to pace myself. Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Kristin - Run like you stole something!

Hell Michigan recently teamed up with Red Robin, and gave away free chili across the country.  The deal was that Hell had to freeze over that week, and stay frozen for 24 hours.  That was not a problem.  It's Michigan.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Go Kristin Go! Good luck.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks guys Smile

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Kristin!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Thanks, Guys.. Was a little discouraged as I haven't got to walk to complete a run till yday for a while now..  Felt better today already.. a little sore this morning.. but maybe the compression sleeves did helps a bit..

You Penguins.. You guys are a major encouragement..

Phone batt died so alarm didn't go off for today (Sunday for you guys) AM run.. Weather looks pretty good, as in no too hot. Will try to squeeze in some before dinner.

Kristin.. Good luck.. run like you stole something as Awood said.. And some cop are chasing you.. haa..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks guys!! Maybe I will steal something just as the gun goes off just to make it more authentic!! ....but crap, one of my friends that will be there is a cop, and she is faster than me...