Beginners and Beyond

Finally Winter is Gone!!!! (Read 92 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It might come back but I don't care, this whole week nothing but 70 degree weather, some clouds and maybe some rain but finally!!! I can begin to wear my shorts and I feel comfortable enough to wear just a sports bra, feel the wind on my skin!!! I am so happy that this cold weather is over with, no more tights, no more capri's, no more long sleeves, no more gloves or ear muff thingies!!!!! Oh I am so happy!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

@runjerseygirl

It might come back but I don't care, this whole week nothing but 70 degree weather, some clouds and maybe some rain but finally!!! I can begin to wear my shorts and I feel comfortable enough to wear just a sports bra, feel the wind on my skin!!! I am so happy that this cold weather is over with, no more tights, no more capri's, no more long sleeves, no more gloves or ear muff thingies!!!!! Oh I am so happy!!!!

I am over the moon about the weather right now!  Tank top and shorts weather today!  Soaked through my gear on my run.  Love it!

Do you even run?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think I should have grabbed my running shoes today, tomorrow it's going to be thundering and storming Sad. I might have to run back home and pick 'em up. I might be sore and stiff today, but an easy run shouldn't hurt.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cmb4314

It is 36 degrees here today, and we are getting 6 or more inches of snow by the end of Thursday.

Do not speak to me Joking

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Mostly harmless

We went from winter straight into summer. Spring was last Sunday. I enjoyed it but hoped it would last more than a day.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Upper 40's & drizzly here, but that's good enough for shorts & short sleeves, so that'll do. No sports bra for me though.

Dave

pae

70° yesterday, 15° today, with 50mph winds and a bit of snow.  And then back into the 60s on Thursday.  Ahhh...springtime in the Rockies.

Docket_Rocket

I never knew Winter had arrived.

:ducks:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

We're having pretty nice weather here too.  Joking

Something witty

Dreamn

It's 81 here and I'm loving it!  I sat outside on the park bench during lunch and it just felt good to have the sun hitting my face.  Spring can stay away Big grin.

RSX

Finally got back to the 60s in the Boston area. Monday the day of the race, is now forecast to hit 70.  Might be a good day to be a volunteer by Wellesley College which is where I will be.

RunswithBeer

Just finished my first warm weather run of the season. That was tough. Sunday morning was upper 30's low 40's and today 81. I am beat. It felt good though.

Mostly harmless

Just finished my first warm weather run of the season. That was tough. Sunday morning was upper 30's low 40's and today 81. I am beat. It felt good though.

I can relate to that! I decided yesterday afternoon would be a good time to get in 10 miles after a couple of low mileage weeks.  It was 80 here. I was ready to quit at 7 but, since it was an out and back run, I was still 3 miles from my car.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Finally got back to the 60s in the Boston area. Monday the day of the race, is now forecast to hit 70.  Might be a good day to be a volunteer by Wellesley College which is where I will be.

Our Alaskans will not like that. Sad

It was starting to look like spring - even some bare ground - when we got one winter snow storm and a 2nd one starting. A friend of mine has been training on snowshoes then had his wife pace him (not on snowshoes) while she drove a 4-dog sled dog team. There's been at least one voodoo doll attack on snowmen.

I was run/hiking / packing trail in snowshoes at +15F yesterday.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                              Just B.S.

Hmmmm, maybe where some people live.Smile

Feels like of 30 here today. Snow showers and rain with ice pellets mixed in for good measure.

More of the same tomorrow.

Hopefully it actually feels like spring for my spring marathon in 5 weeks.

It actually got up to 46F here yesterday. That was a nice treat.