Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Hey Mother Nature.... (Read 46 times)

LRB

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

Up yours!

flarunner

Mornin'!

Heh, a little footballer soon to be hooligan. Smile

Did 6 miles of fartlek this morning in 44 degrees.

It's supposed to get into the mid 60's today for the high. A little, tiny part of me feels sorry for all the spring breakers.

Stay warm and safe peeplets!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles with strides tonight.

Trixie ate and drank water.  And also cuddled in bed during the night with me.  Very happy to see her doing her normal.

LRB, LOL.

flarunner, nice 6.  A tiny tiny part of me does too.  Tiny....

Have a great day, all!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Hey Dailies!

Rick, awesome pic, Big grin

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning.  1.6 miles done and had to hurry back home.....will add more this afternoon at the park.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!!!

Amazingly outstanding run this morning!  10 miles @ 7:18/mile average pace, last four miles were 7:07, 7:10, 7:04, 7:09.  I have no idea where the speed came from, effort felt the same as yesterday's 9 miles @ 7:54/mile.  I'd look down at my pace and think geez I need to slow down, but then I'd take inventory, breathing is fine, legs feel good, not pushing just cruising along, might as well keep going.  Just a beautiful run.  Big grin

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Good morning, everyone!

Rick, thanks for strarting today's thread.

flarunner, sweet six-miler.

Damaris, enjoy your eight-miler tonight. I'm happy that Trixie is returning to her old self.

Robert, great quickie this morning.

I'm back from two days of SRDs. I doubled on push-ups and did a set of ab work last night. I dropped and did thirty push-ups upon awakening this morning. In about an hour, I'll head out for a run. Later today, I'll do weights and double on ab work, to make up for Tuesday.

flarunner

Good morning!!!

Amazingly outstanding run this morning!  10 miles @ 7:18/mile average pace, last four miles were 7:07, 7:10, 7:04, 7:09.  I have no idea where the speed came from, effort felt the same as yesterday's 9 miles @ 7:54/mile.  I'd look down at my pace and think geez I need to slow down, but then I'd take inventory, breathing is fine, legs feel good, not pushing just cruising along, might as well keep going.  Just a beautiful run.  Big grin

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

Don't you just love those?!

And Damaris - yes, tiny.

delicate flower

WHAT IT DO, YO!  Feliz churros!  Between meetings and appointments, I'm looking at about two hours of actually working today, which is still about two hours more than I care for.  I've got my post-op follow up appointment with the knee doc this morning, immediately followed by PT.  It should be an intresting morning.

I did an hour on the elliptical last night, and tonight will be spinning.  Enjoy your Thursday!

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

LRB, how'd you find that photo of me as a kid?  Big grin

Congrats on the 6, flarunner. 44, that's pretty chilly for FL this time of year!  Here in San Antone, we are already up to 60 right now.  Heading for 75 degrees and sunshine today.

Good luck with the 8 miles, Damaris.  Glad to hear Trixie is normal again.  If any cat can be normal...

Sorry, Robert, about runus interruptus!  Hope you can get your park miles in.

Great run, Flash!  Er...Dave.  Joking

Hope the doc gives you good news, Phil!  2 hours work, that's tough....Wink

Planning on 3 - 4 miles today.  Haven't decided where yet. Been a while since I've been to Lackland  Air Force Base or The Riverwalk, so maybe one of those.  However, with Good Friday tomorrow and Maundy Thursday today, a lot of folks are off around here, so The Riverwalk may be a little crowded today.  Should be a nice running day....sunny, with a bit of cloud cover, 75 degrees.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Morning all! Happy pseudo-Friday!

LRB, what up doe!

Fla, yeah I'm sure you were actually hoping for snow for the spring breakers. And a hurricane. Good fartleking!

Docket, good news about Trixie. Hope your lungs cooperate tonight...

Robert, you did not say why you had to hurry back home, but I can guess. Hope you get to go back out & finish it later.

D2, that's the run that makes us remember why we love it! I need one of those, I have had a lot more of the other kind lately.

Basya, have a good run, get some extra matzoh in you this morning to carb up.

Baboon, happy spinning.

Scotty, enjoy your 75 degrees (you bastard!)

I originally planned early AM yoga + short treadmill this morning. But due to a bout of insomnia, I was up for a couple hours in the middle of the night, and at about 3AM decided I did not want to wake up at 5. So I rationalized that since it feels like Friday, I will instead do my usual Friday after work 8-ish. And although currently 30 deg/feels like 22, should be upper 40's by then. Shorts weather, baby!

Dave

BruceD555

Got in my 14 miles last night and met up with a couple of friends to run the last 4-5 miles with them. It turned into a bit of a pseudo-tempo run with them but it was a nice evening for a run. Unfortunately, it was not quite yet shorts weather last night (the high yesterday was still in the 30s) so I'm still waiting for spring.

Tonight I have just an easy 6 recovery miles on tap and with some strides thrown in for giggles. The high for today is supposed to be 46 so it will be shorts for sure. (That also means I'll probably shave the beard to celebrate the end of winter - part of the agreement with my DW on the self-insulation)

Train smart ... race smarter.

B-Plus

Good morning! I ran in short sleeves yesterday, and I'm hoping for more of the same this afternoon. It's still long sleeve weather for this morning's run though.

Baboon - I think you have the right idea. My plan is to go into the office, shuffle a few papers around to make it look like I'm working, then get a head start on the long weekend.

Have great runs guys and gals.

Workout with trainer done and off to the office. One more day of resting the knee.......maybe look at new shoes This afternoon. Maybe they're the culprit in the soreness.......trainer thinks that or too much time on the TM.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott