Beginners and Beyond

Who's racing this weekend? (Read 198 times)

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, everybody!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Good luck racers! 5-mile trail race tomorrow...should be nice and muddy with all this rain!  It's the first Topo Adventure Series, which is 6 races from now until February.  You need to run 4 races to qualify for the overall points race and I am hoping to make top 3 for females, but you just never know!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

kettledrum

Good luck everyone!  Stay safe and don't forget to write good reports!

Snickers1230

Good luck to everyone!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm running a holiday-themed 5-miler tomorrow. I'm dressing festively so it should be fun. At this point I think I'm going to just run it for fun with my running partner. I don't feel like killing myself this weekend. Good luck, everyone! Smile
            bobruns

Reindeer Dash 5k for me.  I am looking forward to it.  It goes through a beautiful neighborhood. 

Have FUN everyone!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I will be running in an event, I wouldn't consider this particular one 'racing'.  More like survival...

starting at 61F @100% humidity

end around 68F @ 52% humidity

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I will be doing this event tomorrow: 

Jingle Bell 5K for St. Jude's Ranch for Children.    St. Jude's Ranch is a residential facility for abused, abandoned and neglected children.  Event is held in Gruene, Texas, starting in front of historic Gruene Hall, where a lot of music folks sang to help start their careers long ago, including folks like Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett, George Strait (who happens to live down the road from where I work) and The Fabulous Thunderbirds.   The building in the picture below that will be on the race shirts is Gruene Hall, built in 1878, the oldest continually running dance hall in Texas.

I went to New Braunfels (about a 30 minute drive from San Antonio) to get my race packet for tomorrow; saves time, don't have to hassle with the lines that way on Race Day.   My buddy, Scott, whose company, Athlete Guild (he owns it) is doing all the race stuff (packet pick up, race timing, course, etc) told me this last week registration really shot up and there will probably be around 1,600 for the Jingle Bell 5K tomorrow, wow.  When I first did this event way back in 1994 when I first got here, it was a small event of maybe 300 people.  It has grown so much in popularity that the venue even had to be moved, that is why it is in Gruene now.  This many is great for the recipient, St. Jude's Ranch.  A lot of the credit goes to Scott, he really does a great job with advertising, getting sponsors, etc., and puts on a heckuva race.  This one goes all around scenic Gruene, Texas, and we finish back at the dance hall to all kinds of food waiting for us, and beer (Yeah!) and music, and photos with Santa if we want to get them (the kids there will love that) and door prizes, etc.  With this many people, I will probably go crazy taking photos, so my apologies in advance for what is probably going to be a long report with LOTS of photos.  I might even hit the 100 mark. Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Will Jr

I'll be doing a Christmas 10K down by the beach here in SoCal. 

And since I'm on injured reserve-ish (been testing the waters...eh) and out of shape , I'll be going slow & just having a good time. A bunch of friends are all doing it & some it will be their first race

Will Jr

workinprogress11

I can't wait to read all the RR's.  Good luck to everyone!

TxDiverMom

Good luck, everyone! 

Stay cool, Texas racers!

Scottydog,. I love Gruene!  That's got to be a hilly 5k!  I've got to find a race in that area.

runmomto3boys

Good luck to all of you racing!  I can't wait to read all the RRs!

Zelanie

Good luck!