Beginners and Beyond

RR, Steeple Chase 8K (pic added) (Read 78 times)

The photo captures your race description to a "T".

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Nice run in some sloppy conditions, Mitch. No PR, but you did very well regardless.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

SheCan

HOw cold and wet it looks in that picture!   Lucky friend of yours to win that Garmin.  I need to find a race like that, I'm a middle of the packer.  Congratulations on 2nd place AG win, and I'm super glad that you're around to run races and all that in the rain too!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Nice RR, hog, and the form is looking good!

GC100k

Wait.  A steeplechase is 3k.  Oh, I get it.   Cute.

Good job.

btw, I've heard pastors call people who change churches a lot "steeplechasers".

Pinktastic

Nice job, Mitch!!   Those conditions were definitely not ideal, but you ran a good race anyway!!   Congrats on your AG placement - that's awesome!!   Love the pic!!   Thanks for writing the RR!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Just B.S.

Mitch, great progress and a great time!!!

If you run long enough you will race in a lot of bad weather. I have run several half's in a total downpour,

some in sub zero and  my PR marathon in the fall it  was 52F and rained non stop the entire time. I

was completely soaked by mile 3. 

You are right about the jacket. It won't keep you dry in those conditions but it will keep in your body

warmth.  My big mistake at my fall marathon was not wearing anything other than a light tech shirt. I

almost froze to death and had to stop at an aide station for poncho once I could no longer feel my

fingers!LOL   But I still look back on it fondly, it just made me mentally tougher.

Sorry about the GArmin but you ran a heck of a race!!

Congrats!

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Congrats on the race Mitch!  It takes a lot to toe the line in such craptastic weather, but it's especially worth it for races that have a lot of meaning to you.

STILL HAVING FUN!!!