Beginners and Beyond

What the...WEDNESDAILIES? (Read 57 times)

Hip Redux

Evening, Dailies!

Yes, I know that the evening is over, but I did want to check in!

5.2 hot, muggy miles today. I had planned on running earlier, but I decided to sleep in to 7:30 this morning and didn't get out to run until 10:30 or so. Originally, I planned on about 7 or 8 miles, but the heat got to me a bit and I cut it short.  Still, not a bad run - at least I got some acclimation benefit.

Shot some decent pool tonight, so I've got that going for me. Smile

Hope everyone had a great day.

I used to play pool all the time!  We had a table in our basement, and after dinner my dad and I would go downstairs and play a few games each night.  I haven't played in ages though!

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the win!

Hey all.  Sorry for just the evening posting here of late...hopefully it will be better the rest of the week.  Anyway, today was the second of our trail series.  I actually won the race, my first ever win.  It's a little short of a 5k, and my time was 19:12, about 20 seconds faster than last week.  Nobody was with me after the first half mile or so, which actually made it a little tricky to keep my pace up.  I'll be the first to admit that my racing tactics aren't great, so maybe this will help.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

How's the knee?

3 miles outside and 1 mile at PT done.  Legs are feeling tired just from that, so clearly I have some work to do this summer getting my base back.

Oski- Thank you for helping the runner!  We are all better off because of people like you who are willing to stop.

SIAR- Congrats on the win!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

As long as it's taped, it feels perfect, except I do have to be careful going around corners.

How's the knee?