Beginners and Beyond

Before and After (Read 222 times)

LRB

Yea sounds about right as I think Happy Lilys are like 100-110 pounds and I lost 2 of those Smile

That is just incredible man.  Good for you!

RSX

Very inspirational thread

happylily

Yea sounds about right as I think Happy Lilys are like 100-110 pounds and I lost 2 of those Smile

Right on, Dizzy!

Simply amazing when we think of it.... That's a lot of sacrifices and a lot of energy burned to get to where you, and all the other people who posted pictures, are today. It shows great will power.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Show off!!!!!

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

BAM!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Before...310#

After....250# and dropping

Running for TJ because he can't.

Wow, what a great job dizzy!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Mostly harmless

Go Robert!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

I also love these types of threads.  Amazing stuff!  I have never been a big girl, but as I aged my weight was creeping up.  I was up to 139 & now after running, swimming and biking for a year, I am holding steady at 120.  I just finished my first 1/2 marathon in less than 2 hours and I am content.  Smile

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Great pics, everyone.  I'm probably the only one that's GAINED weight since running...although I weigh around what I was when I got married in 2004.  I like to think it's all muscle, though, and that I carry it well. Big grin

Rondog65

I concur with all that has been said, you all look great and have done a fantastic job, WOW!!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Dad on the run.

Here is one of the ones I was wanting to post but I was at work and did not have access to it. This is my wife and I at the Monkey C Monkey Run 5k. This was our second 5K and I want to say I was around 220lbs in this pic. I can also say with authority that those man boobs are gone!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

WHOA!!!! Amazing! You all look so amazing!!!

Dizzy I had NO idea you had such an incredible weight loss journey! That is awesome!!!!

So...I'll play, but I don't really have an "after" just a "during." Still have work to do but....

First 5K (I am on the left side of the pic)

Last weekend's 5K, 6.5 months later:

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MrNamtor

I'd post my before/after pics but everyone has seen them already. Not just on this site but in almost every country that has the internet.

Anyway, I love this thread. And I never saw LTH when he was heavier. And DIzzy! wow, good job man! And everyone else who posted on here, great job everyone. Some of you I've seen before, some I haven't.

But now i have a question to the former bigger people - do you have sympathy for those who haven't/can't lose weight? or do you feel some scorn, like hey, I did it why can't you? Serious question, not rhetorical.

Dad on the run.

I've never been HUGE! However, I made myself fat, it wasn't McDonalds fault, it wasn't my parents fault, it wasn't my depression during my unemployment, it wasn't my wife's cooking, it was me. Plain and simple. So when I see these people that are obese I really don't feel anything for them. They made themselves that way and trying to lay blame on anything other than yourself is just childish. (I understand they are some instances where you can't help it, for example... My wife broke her neck when she was 13, she was paralyzed from the neck down for several weeks then had to go through several months of thereapy all while being given steroids to help with the recovery. She could do nothing about her weight gain, she could not exercise and it was the steroids causing the issue. She had lost all the weight she had gained from it though but now she has put some back on. The second weight gain is completely her fault)

No one forces you to eat, you do that all by yourself. Of course I do get tired of all these big people saying "I'm to fat to exercise" Ummmm HELLO! You don't have to exercise to lose weight just stop eating 10 big macs a day...

I'd post my before/after pics but everyone has seen them already. Not just on this site but in almost every country that has the internet.

Anyway, I love this thread. And I never saw LTH when he was heavier. And DIzzy! wow, good job man! And everyone else who posted on here, great job everyone. Some of you I've seen before, some I haven't.

But now i have a question to the former bigger people - do you have sympathy for those who haven't/can't lose weight? or do you feel some scorn, like hey, I did it why can't you? Serious question, not rhetorical.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

I have had to be careful about this. Once I realized how relatively easy it was for me to lose weight (eat less, eat whole food sources, move more, cut out soda, and limit alcohol) I couldn't understand why others weren't doing the same thing. I'd want to ask them why they were drinking calories, or watching tv 8 hours a day. But, my wife counseled me on this a little. She helped me see that what I had actually developed was discipline. While I may be disciplined in this area of my life, there are other things I'm not so great at.

So while it's easy for me to say, "Drop the donut, fatty!" I realized pretty quickly that I don't have it all figured out, and there are other areas in which I struggle. It's just that nutrition and exercise don't seem to be that for me right now.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.