Beginners and Beyond

We're All Here Cuz He's Not All There SaturDAILIES (Read 69 times)

Wickedly Average

I'll see you at the chase, Tinman!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Shirfan, I think they have enough support for a half marathon, maybe more, and are more responsive than the Kinvaras (lil firmer).  I just don't want the race to be the first time I take them to that distance and have something go wrong.  I have another half scheduled on 4/13, so after the Shamrock, I'll get some more miles on the Fastwitchs and a couple of long runs and see how they do, then use 'em for the Dismal Swamp Stomp.

My running blog

Goals | sub-4 trail 50k | complete first 100 miler without dying

Just B.S.

I thought the 13s were a little narrower through the toebox than the 12s (I think I started with the 9s, maybe?). I have also had several pair of identical shoes - I just label the tongue with a Sharpie.
        The shoes I've found that rotate in well with the Cumulus have been Saucony ProGrid Rides (a bit cheaper, a bit heavier), Asics Gel Landreth (took a bit of getting used to), and NB 1080s (which I have only bought the v1s, deeply discounted, since they retail around $130).

Thanks Shari! I have tried the Sharpie but it always seems to wear off for me, that's why I use the different

color laces and the ribbons. Plus that way I can see immediately which pair they are in the closet. Maybe I

need a new Sharpie!LOL

I wear a 8.5 D width so since mine are wide anyway I guess I didn't notice a difference in the 13's.

I think my favorite color was the 11's, with the pretty orange accents.

I can't wear NB. My feet just hate them for some reason.

If the 14's feel drastically different to me I will give the ProGrid a try. Hubby switches between Asics and

Saucony but I've never been brave enough to branch out from my beloved Cumulus.

I'm glad runningwarehouse sends a return label just incase, I will try the Cumulus 14s out either during my 7 mile tempo or my Friday easy run and if they give me any trouble at all I'll just ship them back and buy another pair of the Gel-Burrs in a different color Smile . The Pearl Izumis are still on probation but I will know for sure after Monday's run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

5k - 24:40 (7:57 min/mile pace) 

10k - 54:39 (8:48 min/mile pace)

15k -1:23:31 (8:59 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26.2 - (Debut) - 4:48:10 --- Redemption Will be on November 7, 2015