Beginners and Beyond

NYC Marathon Runners (Read 92 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Meteorologist on the radio said this this morning:  "Sunday... runners, be prepared for strong and gusty winds."

WHEE!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

wind sucks

Docket_Rocket

Oh, my asthma will have a field day. Maybe I should wear a skeleton tube on my face. Otherwise, I will have a problem breathing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I think a lot of people bring "disposable" clothing that they abandon at the starting line (and gets donated if I recall correctly).  Might want to invest in some thrift store/wal-mart sweats to stay warm at the start.

Best of luck to all the runners!

**Ask me about streaking**

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I got to see Damaris!!! Missed everyone else though Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

If Toronto is who I think he is, he is done in 3:20!

Way to go! I hear the wind is a bitch out there.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh the wind is horrendous

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

For those of you who know Goo, he's done in 3:14! Not bad for 60!

Dave

Lily's done! I will let her report her own time though....

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I DNFd. Asthma attack at Mile 8. I was unable to run much after that, so I DNFd at Mile 11.  The wind was so brutal I almost got an asthma attack at Mile 1

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I DNFd. Asthma attack at Mile 8. I was unable to run much after that, so I DNFd at Mile 11.  The wind was so brutal I almost got an asthma attack at Mile 1

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Looks like the wind was just destroying everyone out there, I saw a lot of people with some pretty ugly splits. Would've been a pretty brutal back half even if you could breathe.

Dave

delicate flower

Sorry, Docket.  Sad  Sounds like a freakin brutal race out there today.

<3

From the Internet.

Oh man, that sucks Sad Sorry D. I was actually thinking about you and the rest of the forum folks running today while I was getting in my wee baby miles for the day - it was miserably windy up here too, I was more than happy to be done just after 3 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  I am OK with th DNF although I feel bad for my friend who got me the spot.

The wind was so brutal at the start bridge I saw two women running with knee length parkas and I was jealous.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

D: sorry to hear that. Most races are fun but that certainly was not. Bleh...

8.5 miles today at an 8:36 pace. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a May marathon. It's likely a go.