Beginners and Beyond

Chiropractors yay or nay? (Read 93 times)

Love the Half

Here's the thing, I have rarely seen someone be "cured" by a chiropractor.  Everyone who swears by chiropractic "treatment" has to see them essentially for the rest of their life.  Damn.  That is not what I look for in a medical provider.  I want someone to tell me what the problem is and fix it or to be honest enough with me to tell me it's not fixable and that all they can do is manage the symptoms.  Or, tell me it's only partially fixable.  Moreover, I'm betting you couldn't send a person on the planet into a chiropractor's office without them telling the person they need some kind of "adjustment."

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

Lilly as a PT it drives me nuts when other therapists push for someone to come in when they don't need to!  I also see the other side of patients that don't need us but won't go away and say "well I have 6 authorized visits"  My answer is always,' just because it is authorized doesn't mean we have to use them if they aren't going to be of benefit'.

Yep, I got booted unexpectedly both times I was in therapy.  I was like, "What do you mean I am done?!"  lol

In each case, it had little to do with how many visits I had accrued or had left, but more with the fact that for what was left I no longer needed to go there.  And they were right, I just preferred the structure of going there on X day at Y time.  It had become a part of my weekly routine and was kind of fun.

Mandy was right about it being dumb luck.  You have no control over who opens that door and calls your name.  I have had newer PT's, seasoned ones, and one with 30 years of experience.  I honestly cannot say anything bad about any of them.  They all genuinely cared about my issue(s), but more than that, took a personal approach with all of their patients.  I saw this with my own eyes.

My chiro on the other hand, basically just saw dollar signs.  I really regret going to her at all, but I suppose when I speak of my experience with them people, I am speaking from experience.  It is a good thing I am not just a sheep or I would still be jacked the F up, going to her endlessly.

I hate her, and there are not many people I will say that about.  She completely ignored what I was telling her, that the pain was mostly in my hip and glute, but that it sometimes shot into my back.  All she needed to hear was "back" and snap crackle and fuckin pop she went!

The other one I saw on the other hand was really cool and hands off.  He just told me what he thought he could do with my (at the time) rotated hip, and that they are there if I need them.

That is where I get massages and if the need ever arises, I would call him first.  That other dingaling can seriously kiss my a**.  Every time I think of her I start swearing like a sailor.  I do not even drive on the street her office is on and it is 40 miles long.  B****!  >:-/

Will run for scenery.

Here's the thing, I have rarely seen someone be "cured" by a chiropractor.  Everyone who swears by chiropractic "treatment" has to see them essentially for the rest of their life.  Damn.  That is not what I look for in a medical provider.  I want someone to tell me what the problem is and fix it or to be honest enough with me to tell me it's not fixable and that all they can do is manage the symptoms.  Or, tell me it's only partially fixable.  Moreover, I'm betting you couldn't send a person on the planet into a chiropractor's office without them telling the person they need some kind of "adjustment."

You've never seen me in person, but I've posted a few pics 

Before chiro, I was unable to run w/o crippling pain.  A sports-oriented PT was unable to to do anything other than ease the pain slightly w/ ultrasound and suggest a few stretches that did not help.

After chiro, I was able to run.  A lot.  100% cure, no traces at all of pain.

No "adjustments", no recurring visits, no sales.

I'm still anti-chiro in general, but amongst the quacks there are skilled people who can get results.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Nevrgivup

LRB- You crack me up!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

LRB

Nevrgivup

A girls gotta laugh when hurt.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

RSX

I have tendinitis in my neck so I have to go essentially for the rest of my life, and I'm quite okay with that. My neck usually gets sore if I go more than a month between appointments from having a desk job. I love having my neck adjusted as it feels great after. Not everything is "fixable" in 1 visit and blanket statements don't cover all patients.