Beginners and Beyond

Kiss My Ass FriDAILIES (Read 258 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Got my results back.  My cholesterol is now seven points higher than it was in 2010 when I ate meat and wasn't running.

I'm gonna go order the biggest, fattest, thickest steak I can find and die happy!

I think some people are genetically predisposed toward having higher cholesterol. You may be one of those unlucky people. I vote for a nice filet!!
    LRB

Flip is close.  My diet is as clean as a Cadillac Escalade, it has been for years. 

My numbers are hereditary, I keep telling them that but they are programmed to drone on and on about diet and exercise.  Meanwhile I'm sitting there with a dozen finishers medals hanging from my neck!

Docket_Rocket

Exercise is one of the factors that lowers the cholesterol number. Are the numbers high, or excessively high? No need to despair despite what the number says. They are not giving you meds, right?

Flip is close.  My diet is as clean as a Cadillac Escalade, it has been for years. 

My numbers are hereditary, I keep telling them that but they are programmed to drone on and on about diet and exercise.  Meanwhile I'm sitting there with a dozen finishers medals hanging from my neck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Exercise is one of the factors that lowers the cholesterol number. Are the numbers high, or excessively high? No need to despair despite what the number says. They are not giving you meds, right?

I don't take pills...for anything.  My idea of pain medication is one aspirin!  Wink

My medication is whole grains, which I eat more oats than Mr. Ed!

I drink a bit too...and speaking of that, it's time to get my drank on!

Docket_Rocket

I just got home so serve me a beer.

What a week.  At least the President gave us Monday off.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Here's your beer, D!

Hello, Mr. Ed!

"Hello Wilbur"

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I just got home so serve me a beer.

Life size! 

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

My cholesterol was a bit lower since I've started running. LDL dropped from 113 to 106. That's just a hair over the 99 that one doctor says is "normal". I'll be getting it checked again in a couple of weeks.

As for diet, I am certainly eating better these last 18+ months since I started running. More fruits, veggies, etc, and less sugars and smaller servings of meats.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I had a ridiculous day as well. Looking forward to having a beer or three at the Ugly Sweater party I'm going to in a bit.
                    RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm having a beer as we speak - Samual Adams Winter Lager. I'll follow it up with a Yuengling light if I have another. Early to bed tonight - Heading to Jacksonville tomorrow to spend the holidays with family. I definitely want to get through Atlanta before the shoppers wake up!

LRB

I had a ridiculous day as well. Looking forward to having a beer or three at the Ugly Sweater party I'm going to in a bit.

I hope you win ugliest sweater!  You got a pic?

Ghettopops

So let me get this right, you diet to drink? :/ Haha 9 single digit temp miles, keeps the sweat down.

delicate flower

No beer for me but Wife did give me some holiday gifts tonight:

UA compression shorts

Saucony neck warmer

NIke beanie

Runningwarehouse gift card

SCORE!  

She's an enabler.

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

I hope you win ugliest sweater!  You got a pic?

I made the design myself, and then safety pinned the whole thing to a real (nice) sweater that I own. Of course it's over my RW 5k/10k race shirt, since ya know, it's red. Red = festive. Oh, and yes, the lights actually light up.

LRB

That's not ugly at all! 

Sorry babe, you are not gonna win the ugly sweater contest lmao!