Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy-head Penguins Tuesday (Read 22 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

OMG, the movers have showed up already!  My university department is moving into new digs onto the main campus of the university, which will be nice, because right now we are about 5 miles from the main campus - and right across from the regional FBI building, lol - and traffic around this area is CRAZY.  Takes FOREVER to get to work here in the morning.  So the move to the main campus on Oct 9 will be good.  However, the movers are hear today dropping off our big 'packing boxes" so now all our desks are 'forted up' with these big crates in front of them.  And the packing crates are BRIGHT yellow too, wow....

Good luck with the pilates tonite, Damaris!   Hope your weather is improving now that it's getting 'colder'...

Zelanie, you are already awesome!

Nice getting that run in, Traci, after being up at midnite with your sick little one.  Hope the little one is feeling better.  Congrats on your run, you speed demon!   Yeah, weather here is like yours...and then this Friday it will be FIFTY-NINE degrees in the a.m.  Go figure.

Way to get your 6 miles in, Brilliant.  I don't think you need any dose of awesome....see my note to Zelanie...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Might try a LR this afternoon.  We waited for cooler temps, but now it just went straight to cold and rainy.  Sad

Whining about it is okay, Jerry, just as long as you still get out there and just DO it, in spite of the whining.  No whining AND wimping though....get out there and get that run done!    You can do this.. you da man!  Jerry! Jerry!  Jerry! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon all :-)  Did a short run today to stretch out my legs.  I had 5 on my training plan, but that wasn't in the cards for today.  I'm just happy to be running (wogging) any distance at all for now.

I'm a bit nervous for this half marathon in 12 days, but I'm just going to go out there and enjoy myself.  Going into it knowing that it will certainly be a PW takes a whole lot of the pressure off.

Scotty - moving is terrible -- good luck with that.  It'll be nice to have a shorter commute.

HsM - I had what I thought was "hip" pain last winter and it turned out to be a herniated disk in my spine that was causing all kinds of nerves to misfire. [and the main place I felt the pain was in my hip area]  If he doesn't feel better in a few days send him off to the doctor.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Wow, just sat through a completely narcotic seminar.    Unfortunately it would've been really interesting had the guy been a better speaker.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

10.5 miles and not 1 runner on our bike path.  No rain and the 53F was perfect.  Kept up a 10:30 pace from start to finish.  That's faster than our short runs.  Must be the cool weather, new shoes, or exercises for the ankles which were killing me last LR.  Whatever, I'll take it.

Maybe I should run with the 2:15 pace group at Des Moines HM, yes?

Enjoy the move, Scotty. Yay for better commute.

Where is the 5K with TJ, Traci?

tracilynn

Nice run Jerry!  Its in Florence, Al.

Mitch TJ and Robert will be doing the HM.  I wish I could do the half but my LR is just now up to 5 miles so that would be a bad idea. Ha.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, I have a shoe question for you... My Hokas are almost a year Old but only have 400 miles on them. Should I get new ones based on the age or just keep using them. They feel fine I just don't wanna risk injury. What's your expert opinion? :-)

Some people have 1000 miles in their Hokas.  Which ones are they?  Mine are closer to 200 so I am not sure, but I have heard the Bondis last a long time.  If you decide to buy another pair, CLIFTONS FTW (although they won't last 1000 miles).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Only Pilates tonight.  Decided on a day off from running.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

It's going to be fun.  Extra slow,  but fun!

Nice run Jerry!  Its in Florence, Al.

Mitch TJ and Robert will be doing the HM.  I wish I could do the half but my LR is just now up to 5 miles so that would be a bad idea. Ha.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

It's going to be fun.  Extra slow,  but fun!

i cannot wait for the pics and reports!  Go, Team TJ!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Jerry, you and the Mrs should come visit.

Heck, why don't all of you come help push TJ!!

Traci, I don't use Hokas, so no advice there. I have put anywhere from 400-700 miles on my shoes. If you have doubts, get another pair and start them in the rotation. Hey, think we could get Josh to help push TJ? That would be cool if TJ won the whole race, haha.

I'm pretty sure Jimmy will be doing the half also.

6.2 miles tonight. Now, off to work.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We would love to come, Mitch, but our Des Moines race is the week before and that's a long drive for us.

Brilliant

10.5 miles and not 1 runner on our bike path.  No rain and the 53F was perfect.  Kept up a 10:30 pace from start to finish.  That's faster than our short runs.  Must be the cool weather, new shoes, or exercises for the ankles which were killing me last LR.  Whatever, I'll take it.

Great weather and great pace!