Beginners and Beyond

New Adidas running shoes (Read 97 times)

And to keep it real........

...and yellow and green when it's time to get ill

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I wonder what happens when you try to run backwards

**Ask me about streaking**

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

This!!! ^^^^^  According to the couple articles I've read, the use of TPU is supposed to be the real deal.  I'm sure it'll take some dialing in as Boost is the first iteration but I have high hopes.  I wonder how the other shoe companies will react if TPU turns out to be legit!!  'Twould make for a little mud in the eye of the big boys if they missed this and it was just a material change?  (LOL)

And surprised they are already unveiling this potential noob in shoe tech as the Boost are just out.  Maybe Adidas wants to throw a bunch of ideas at the wall and see how many stick?

And to keep it real........

They need to put that TPU material in a shoe that has a regularly constructed upper!  The sock liner aspect of the shoe really limits the amount of people and foot shapes that will be comfortable in them.  They actually feel a bit like the Hokas, only more response and obviously less bulky.  It'd be cool if they put it in something like the Adizero Boston.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Ya, I forgot about upper.  I do recall the article talking about a lined upper being a little less simple.  Introduce the material first, then start spreading it throughout the line if you want to play with uppers.

Interestingly enough, it's why I am still running in Nike Pegasus.  While I've waddled back and forth between the Asics Cumulus and Nike Pegasus, the Pegasus upper is now literally SOOOOOOO fuss free that I wonder why all mfgrs haven't gone this way.

I would like to see Nike find a happy medium between the current forefoot sole (a bit mushy without the full length air) and the Pre-27 which were responsive like I might expect TPU would feel but without the rigidity which was a little harsh as in the 27. (Springy but stiff)

People ask how often I change models of shoe and I tell them my shoes change every time I buy a new model year of the EXACT SAME MODEL!  (If I ever work at a shoe company, heads will roll!) Big grin

Randy

I wonder at what point does a shoe have too much assistance for example if they did have springs on them.

There must be a limit.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "