Beginners and Beyond

Moo-Shu Monday Penguins! (Read 42 times)

Sloooow.

So many people living in actual Penguin conditions! High temperature of 79F here today. I'm watching the weather closely to try and get an outdoor run in sometime this week. Aiming for 3-4 today, but not likely to happen for hours yet. Youngest is still bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm starting the countdown.  1 hour and 15 minutes for me.  I have one instrument down and another slated for repairs tomorrow, so I don't have much going on at work.  I'm just puttering around, which is boring.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

I'm starting the countdown.  1 hour and 15 minutes for me.  I have one instrument down and another slated for repairs tomorrow, so I don't have much going on at work.  I'm just puttering around, which is boring.

4:15 or so :/

but some of that is watching junior high hoops and hoping nobody does anything really dumb.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

27 minutes....I've been counting since I got here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

24 minutes. One more science-related thing to do, stuffing a piece of German chocolate cake in my face, and then I'm out.

Singer who runs a smidge

Lauren, I like your plan!!

I may be a bit longer getting out than I'd thought ... my engineer just had an oopsie with a pair of MCP plates.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

15 minutes...and while it is raining, it is 49 degrees.  It's supposed to be a rest day, but I'm not going to let this day slip past me.  I'm going to be out that door at 5 wearing shorts....yeah...shorts.  It's going to be 8 degrees later this week.  I'm not even going to plug in a scheduled run for tonight.  I'm going to do what I want to do.  I'll get my scheduled runs in when I'm supposed to, but tonights run is for me :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Mmmmm...beer

Heya penguins!

10.1 miles for me today, had a great run, perfect weather, around 48*, warm enough to dress light and still sweat a lil, but not get hot.

I'll try to come back for personals after a shower and dinner.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Tomas on your HM Trail race and PR. Big grin

I planned a short run today with DW, so we could do a LR tomorrow when it's supposed to be 60.  Well...our short run turned into 9 miles, it was that nice on the bike path.  10:10 pace is pretty good for us for that distance.  Really like the FR10 on its 2nd run.  Cancelled the annoying virtual runner, though.

So here's the funny part.  At about 6 miles, I stop at the porta-potty which was surrounded by mud (I hope that was mud).  So, when I come out, RP/DW is throwing leaves in front of the door so I wouldn't have to walk through the mud again.  Now what other RP would do that?  I am embarrasingly spoiled?   Roll eyes

Now, what to do tomorrow?

Dad on the run.

Ginny - no I have not registered for it.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jerry - That's hilarious.

Looks like I'm not the only one taking advantage of the nice weather.

Well, I decided to crank it up a bit today, and I was really stoked with my paces.  Then, I heard my phone say that I had just run a mile at 5:47.  I got a little suspicious.  I looked, and yes the map showed me criss crossing the river without bridges.  Finally, I finished up in the next town over instead of at my house.  I guess the data is worthless :-(

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Awood - You need a gps watch. Phone GPS isn't the most reliable. I have the garmin 410 and love love love my watch. I still convert and upload to nike+ because I have friend who use it but I will never use a different GPS device.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

Jack, HM @ 31 Mar...  I do have a 10K tune up race on 2 Feb though.. Apparently, I have completed my Endurance mesocycle.. Smile

Jerry, that's so funny...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Some good running today, everyone!  Jerry, you have a good RP for sure!

Got my tempo intervals done today and felt great!  Ran them on the TM because it was dark when I got home and two women have been attacked in town here in the last 10 days.  The most recent was just one day after I had done my LR through the same area.  Scary.  I was just going to run closer to home and where it was lit, but DH talked me into the TM instead.

The trouble is there are only two TMs in the neighborhood gym and I worry about making people mad being on it too long.  I do try to be aware of people waiting though.