Beginners and Beyond

RR - Ann Arbor Marathon 6/9 (Pics added) (Read 99 times)

Many of you have an idea what that last segment felt like. My legs completely seized up, and I mostly did a limp-jog (with some extended walks through aid stations) to the finish. Strangely, instead of vowing to never run one of these things again, I vowed to be better prepared for the next one.

Great job Dave.  I know exactly what you mean up there and I'm glad that your training had you stronger this time.  Hoping your next attempt goes even better. (*whispers* "you're ready for Pfitz")

Where is that finish, the U of M soccer field?

Elbel Field, right near the Big House, apparently used for intramural/club sports & marching band practice.

Yeah, it worked really well for Paul Ryan.

I thought of him while posting it....

dave, you're a handsome son of a gun.

You do look great, Dave. Smile

OK well thanks to the both of you at the far opposite ends of the spectrum. (Pick a spectrum, any spectrum.) You will all however be relieved to know in light of recent goings-on that you will never see any more exposed flesh than the pics posted above. This includes upper arm & leg, since I own neither singlet nor short shorts. Although I might give in on that if I really do get to 3:10 (right before the alarm clock goes off).

Great job Dave.  I know exactly what you mean up there and I'm glad that your training had you stronger this time.  Hoping your next attempt goes even better. (*whispers* "you're ready for Pfitz")

Thanks. (*screams* "No I'm not!!")

Dave