Beginners and Beyond

Suh-weet! SaturDAILIES (Read 51 times)

LRB

It turns out tonight was not a good night for my Lady, so I will catch my second viewing of IM3 tomorrow afternoon after my long run.

In the meantime, I uncorked a bottle of Coppola and ordered this bad boy instead:

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Found a great place for my long run while down here visiting my brother.  Ran from the Greenville zoo to Furman University, did a lap around the lake and then back to the zoo, 18.4 miles total.  Part of the path had a rubberized portion for runners, that was awesome, it was like running on pillows!  Had rain for most of the run, kept me nice and cool. Smile

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

BruceD555

LRB- Posting that picture has solved my dilemma of what to have for dinner. Pizza it is!

Dtothe2nd- It's always fun finding a running spot while on vacation, visiting family or away for work. New sights & sounds just seem to make the runs that much better.

I got in my 7 miles this afternoon and it was actually hot while running with the wind. (OK, not south Miami hot, but hot for Wisconsin after you're used to running in 30 degrees) I ran it at easy effort though my pace was waaay faster than what recovery should be. Tomorrow has 10 early miles on tap with a RP who will keep my pace dialed back.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Rondog65

Hello all,

Was supposed to be a SRD, however I had a race “Run to The Top” Provincetown that I wanted to do (I won my division last year 2:55.5).  A few days ago I wasn’t sure how my feet were going to do, so I wasn’t sure if I was going to DNS.  Over the past few days I have been doing better. The race went well and I believe I got a PR.  Friend texted me saying I won my division, not sure of the details yet (had to leave early to catch the Kentuckey Derby with the family, a yearly tradition).

Not sure how this will affect my SLR on Sunday (13.1 miles), worry about that tomorrow, time for a DD cupcake!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

B-Plus

It turns out tonight was not a good night for my Lady, so I will catch my second viewing of IM3 tomorrow afternoon after my long run.

In the meantime, I uncorked a bottle of Coppola and ordered this bad boy instead:

CARBOLOAD!!

D2 - Did you go on a field trip to study FIRST?

3.4 @ 8:55

LRB

CARBOLOAD!!

I ate a full half of that beeyotch!  I may just extend my long run tomorrow lol!

that is one good looking pie! The banana peppers look tasty, so how many miles are you going to have to add to your run tomorrow?

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

that is one good looking pie! The banana peppers look tasty, so how many miles are you going to have to add to your run tomorrow?

It was a thin crust so the half of it was probably around 600 calories, so I should be good to go what with running 40 plus miles a week and not really consuming over 2000 calories per day.

B-Plus

I ate a full half of that beeyotch!  I may just extend my long run tomorrow lol!

Is that how to play up a half? Ok, then I'm running a full half marathon tmw!

LRB

Is that how to play up a half? Ok, then I'm running a full half marathon tmw!

That's funny!

StepbyStep-SH

It's been a long, but very good day.

After forecasts yesterday predicted cold rain, when I got up this morning, rain was mostly out of the forecast, and it actually ended up being perfect weather. My partner and I nailed the 2:15 pace group - we crossed in a gun time of 2:15:01, with chip times of 2:14:24, and had a great time doing it. It was fun to have so many people, who we really hadn't realized were just behind us, stop us after the finish to thank us for helping them get through, and there were a half-dozen who we knew were running with us that we sent on ahead to finish out strong the last mile in front of us.

After the race, we went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and margaritas, then watched our kids run in the 100-yard and 400-yard kids' races, with beautiful, unexpected sunshine and temps in the 60s or 70s. I caught up with other friends and their kids to hang out in the park for a while before DS and I stopped to have ice cream before heading home.

Very, very fun day!

Modified: Our chip times were actually 2:14:24 (I first thought it was :34). Still easily within the 2 minute window they wanted us to achieve. Smile

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Wow, that's some great pacing, Step!