Beginners and Beyond

Reports and Photos: Three 5Ks Done on New Year's Day (Read 250 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On New Year’s Day I completed three 5Ks on the same day.  The titles are below with the link to the report and photos of each 5K. Please feel free to share the link and photos.

Midnite 5K at Fort Sam Houstonhttp://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3Abb8fc3b9-7af9-4e08-be0f-6bcac71bc156&plckforumpostonpage=1&plckpostid=&plckforumpostshowfirstunread=

Randolph Air Force Base Resolution Run 5K at 8 a.m. – - http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners/5k-2-of-three-5ks-done-new-years-day-resolution-run-5k

San Antonio Roadrunners Cobweb Chaser 5K at 10 a.m.  – - http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners/5k-3-of-three-5ks-done-new-years-day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Sloooow.

15K within 10 hours, you are crazy! Hope you kept your feet up all day today Smile

Little Blue

Scotty, you are a machine!  That sounds like a fun way to kick off the new year, followed by a well deserved afternoon in your chair.

So, only 112 races left for the year? Smile

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Holy Moly, Scotty! That's a lot of running! I'll commence to reading the reports at once!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

hog4life

Scotty, you da man! Starting the year off right. I don't much care for black eyed peas either.

Jen2011

You are awesome, Scotty!  Loved the RR's, and I can't wait to read about all of your races in 2013!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

At that rate you'll have 1095 races this year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good thing it isn't leap year - that might put Scotty over the edge!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Karen M

Nice way to start the new year!  Smile

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

Don't call me Buttercup!

At that rate you'll have 1095 races this year.

Thank you for doing the math, I'm too sleepy. =)

Scotty, you continue to amaze me! I'm so glad that you're out enjoying life. I think it's wonderful.  Cheers!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Scotty!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Wow!!  Outstanding Scotty!  I thought people I talked to at the NYE race I ran were a lil crazy for getting up the next day at noon to do another and you did 3!!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Nightvisionrn

Love reading your RR scottydawg!

You are so inspiring--and have such fun with your running! Looking forward to reading your RR for 2013

I tried reading these reports, but the load time over at RWOL depleted my vacation time, so now I have to go back to work.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I tried reading these reports, but the load time over at RWOL depleted my vacation time, so now I have to go back to work.

Yer funny.  lol.  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt