Beginners and Beyond

Tower of Terror 10 Mile Race report - I ran and had fun (Read 76 times)

LRB

That was well worth the read yo, a running selfie would have killed it.  

I assume you are wearing some version of the boost foam?  How'd that work out for you?  Does the 7:16 average pace correlate to anything, half marathon, tempo etc?

outoftheblue

Great RR.  It looks like you had a ton of fun, and still ran a solid race.   You needed to a captain hook costume to go with DW's Peter Pan outfit.

Life is good.

delicate flower

That was well worth the read yo, a running selfie would have killed it.  

I assume you are wearing some version of the boost foam?  How'd that work out for you?  Does the 7:16 average pace correlate to anything, half marathon, tempo etc?

Adios Boost 2.  They are go to shoes now.  I love 'em.  My first 6 miles were tempo pace and the last 4 were GMP.

Finish line pic shows how much space I had.  Also, the problem with light blue shorts is that it looks like I pissed myself.  I did not.

<3

Top 100 out of almost 9400?  Nice, very nice!

You may have found the perfect balance between "fun" run and still racing.

Zelanie

Fun enough to be relaxed, hard enough to stay ahead of the wall of humanity.  Glad you had a good run, and good luck next week!

B-Plus

60 in Florida? Docket must have been freezing at the start.

Nice report. How was it racing at 10pm?

delicate flower

Nice report. How was it racing at 10pm?

Not a problem for me.  I'm used to running in the dark, and I've played lots of hockey games that started at 10:00 PM.  Getting back to the room at 4:00 AM kind of sucked, but we did ok the next day and met our 10:00 AM brunch reservation.  

<3