Beginners and Beyond

Thalposis Thursday Penguins - well, some of us... (Read 28 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thalposis - Sensation of Warmth....

Which is what we in San Antonio are now getting.  Will be in the 80s for pretty much the rest of the week and beyond...

Very sunny today after work and 82 degrees.  However, unlike Damaris' Miami, here in San Antonio we will have LOW humidity and LOW dewpoint, making it feel pretty good outside.    I plan to do about 4 miles after work, but have not decided where yet.  Tough problem  - I have WAY too many running routes to choose from!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Scott.  We are only about 40 degrees behind you.  Have a great run today.  Weekend starts at 1:00 for me, but no running planned, just walking (and watching DW run).

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Posted by Awood on Wednesday:  Scotty - ENOUGH with the beautiful weather!  We're still getting snow.  You're like the guy with cupcakes outside of a weight watchers meeting.  Sheesh!

As a matter of fact I went to pick up Gail at a Weight Watchers meeting once and I did take cupcakes to it......Bwaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaa Ha!   

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Evil Scotty!

Jerry - I got down to 210 last year, and couldn't get out of bed.  I ran my marathon at 218.  My goal is to get to 200 this year, but more gradually.  I'm just a big dude.

Easy running and stretching tonight.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Awood: good luck with the 200 goal. You will do it at se point.

Scotty: enjoy that warm weather.

Jerry: enjoy the beer(and the weekend).

as for me, SRD. I did a hard tempo run yesterday so I'm going to rest. Overwork may be causing my injuries. I have a 5k next week and I want to do well. Plus, I have am FE with redrum so I need to be ready!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  There is no thalposis here today, it was about 30 as I was driving in to work.  I think the high is in the low 50's, though, which is something I guess.  Chorus practice tonight, in full contest regalia, which means pajama pants, t-shirt, slippers, and bathrobe!!  We will be the "comfortable" chorus this year, although I suspect the sequins will be back next year.  I will have a walk today, as I am hiking to the salon to get my hair cut in about half an hour.  Woo-hoo!!

Scotty -- rub it in, beautiful weather and lots of places to run!!  

Jerryb -- have a good Thriday!!

Awood -- nothing wrong with being a big dude!!

Jack -- have a good rest day!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

No sensation of warmth for me today.... 4.6 easy/recovery paced miles in "feels like" 7 degrees. Why is it still winter even though it's spring?!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Bin Running

Awood, hope you get your 200 goal.

Jack, you are injured?

Scotty, looks like nice weather.

Did a 12M run today. Feeling ok. Set a 2014 in 2014 goal which might be too far for me.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 miles on the TM done already since I work from home today.

My cold is never going away.  And hubby caught bronchitis.  I hope I do not since the asthma will be in serious trouble.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hi Pens.

Awood: good luck with the 200 goal. You will do it at se point.

Scotty: enjoy that warm weather.

Jerry: enjoy the beer(and the weekend).

as for me, SRD. I did a hard tempo run yesterday so I'm going to rest. Overwork may be causing my injuries. I have a 5k next week and I want to do well. Plus, I have am FE with redrum so I need to be ready!

Injuries?????

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hey pens.  My 1600s went really well last night, so a good confidence booster for me.  Today my heel is sore again, though.  Boo!  It usually gets better if I keep moving around on it.  Probably run 4 later.

DH's company is working on some imaging data to send to the people who are working on the recovery for the mudslide in WA.  Hopefully the work they do can be helpful, because the news from up there is pretty grim.  There was one day of good weather, and they were able to fly a plane over the slide area to collect the imaging.  Had they waited another day, they wouldn't have been able to fly it.

Scotty- Tough problem to have.  Have you run all of the Y's that you have access to yet?

Jerry- Glad you're still getting out there and getting some miles in!

Awood- Enjoy the easy day.

Jack- Ooh, a FE.  At the 5K?  Is it the Santa Anita one?

HsM- Love the "regalia" for this year's chorus! Smile

kristin- Good work on the cold miles!

Bin- I believe you can adjust your goal one time during the year, up until June 30.

Damaris- Nice TM run!

GinnyinPA

Scotty - so many choices.  Have fun this evening on your four.  Today was supposed to get up to 60, but they've changed that to 47.  Oh well, it's still warmer than the past few days.

Jerry - enjoy your walk.  It could help loosen you up.

Hopesmom - pajamas?  What is your song?  Enjoy your walk today and the haircut.  I'm overdue, I think.

Damaris - sorry you and DH are sick.  I hope it doesn't trigger your asthma.  It's the airplane.  Every time we fly, one of us gets some sort of illness.  Small space and lots of germs circulating among the passengers.

Awood - enjoy your easy run today.  Good luck with the weight loss goal.  It is harder in some ways to do it slowly, but more effective in the long run, I think.

Jack - good idea to take it easy and let your body heal.

Kristin - that is cold for this time of year.  Good job getting out in it.

Z - tendon sore or blister sore?  Are you due for new shoes?  Enjoy your recovery miles later.  I hope your husband's pictures help the recovery efforts.  That is a truly sad situation in Washington.

Bin - good job getting the 12 done.  2012 is a lot of miles.  Good luck.

AFM:  I'm planning on 4-6 later this afternoon when it warms up a bit more.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hopesmom - pajamas?  What is your song?  Enjoy your walk today and the haircut.  I'm overdue, I think.

We start off with Oh How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bin: Not "injured" but I have been battling the PF and now I have an achilles issue that flares up on long runs.

Zel: Yes, the Santa Anita 5k. Redrum is from around here.