Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES, Coffee or Tea? (Read 61 times)

LRB

Supp crew!

Turns out that coating of powder was actually ice, which made for an interesting drive after that first stop light - YEEEIKES!  Shocked

I did end up wearing my jacket, zipped down which was perfect.  It was only dark for the first 3 ish miles, but cars were stopping to let me pass so the florescent yellow and reflective gear obviously worked

The footing was a little tricky here and there but I had just an unbelievable run!  It was one of those runs where you feel like a gazelle, just gliding along effortlessly!  When I turned to head north, there was a steady breeze, but with temps in the high 20's (probably 30's by then), it really wasn't an issue.

It was one of those runs you think about when people ask you why you do it.  I feel fuckin awesome!

Mmmmm...beer

Feeling a little like Ren about now?

Yes! lol Had to force myself to slow down yesterday, too much extra energy, which is of course the whole point of tapering, but man, I've got four more days of this!  I better tie my shoes tight or I'm liable to run right out of them come race day. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning guys!

Coffee for me. Sitting here with a cup, and a bowl of steel-cut oats with banana, blueberries and coconut, in my PJ's, goofing off on the internet. Story of my fabulously non-working week. Smile

Going out for a run later. Probably 7-8 miles. Not sure when, but it will be this afternoon sometime. Hubby and I are going to a pub for lunch. They have buffalo wings for him, and a decent vegetarian menu for me! Can't wait.

DCDan78

On the road day for me today. To work then back to a meeting close to my house then to a conference about an hour and a half away.  I am hoping I can do a 4 mile or sometime in there as well.  And in any event I will do my 50 push-ups and crunches that I've now started.

Happy Wednesday.

Zelanie

Ami- 30 hour shift?  Holy cow!  Yes you do need some coffee!

7 easy for me later, probably with the dogs.  Then I get my two-day taper for my 10 mile race on Saturday.

B-Plus

Good morning people. Give me coffee now! I mean, please.

I've got about 6 planned for today.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

too hard to read everything right now at work on my smartphone. Will catch up later. Coffee for me in the morning and early afternoon, tea at night after work.

URD for me because I am lazy. lol.  Called too late yesterday to get on the list for spin class. Set my alarm to go to the gym anyway. When it rang I opted for the 2 hours of extra  sleep instead.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Morning, dailies:

Beth - oy, like DaveP I dread that chlorine smell.  If swimming could all be done in the warm Florida Keys near a coral reef, it would be much more enjoyable.

Rick - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNOJvbfkoIQ

FLA - you're slacking on sending spring this way, please hurry, lol

Sparker - enjoy the intervals

Baboon - so the PT wears tight leather and carries a riding whip?

D^caffinated - uh, no.  Smile

Scotty - have a nice 3 or SRD

AmiK - hope the IT band feels better.  30 hour shift?!?

Basya - nice "medium" run

Step - yup, pothole forming season.  Hope the sun comes out for you.

April - glad you're having fun on the week off.  "Steel cut oats" always makes me think of this Simpsons episode..

http://simpsonswiki.net/wiki/The_Metal_Krusty-O

DCDan - busy day, good luck getting the run in

Zelanie - dog run!

B-Plus - un cafe pour vous, monsieur.

Kristin - enjoy the day off

Tea!  I enjoy coffee as well, but really love tea of all sorts.  Right now the tea hoard includes Yunnan, Kenyan Kaimosi, Pu-Erh, Lapsang Souchong, green Wuyuan Ruikang, genmai-cha, and  a mint-infused green.

LR of some sort today.   Probably all easy miles, as I'm still in recovery mode from Sunday and it's snowing at a good clip once again.

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Good Morning All!

If I could drink coffee during my runs, I would.

12 easy miles scheduled after work.  If I see a flock of cross countriers I'll steer clear.

Have fun today!

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

Hip Redux

Good morning people. Give me coffee now! I mean, please.

I've got about 6 planned for today.

How painful was the shower last night? :P

LRB - LOVE those kinds of runs.   So sweet.

Looks like I'm getting cut 20% of my hours at work - and the first thing I thought is... more time for biking and running.  Big grin  And even better, I might get furloughed for my birthday week, so I could take a vvacation.  Well... gotta look at the bright side of things!

Short run after work planned.

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

How painful was the shower last night? :P

LRB - LOVE those kinds of runs.   So sweet.

Looks like I'm getting cut 20% of my hours at work - and the first thing I thought is... more time for biking and running.  Big grin  And even better, I might get furloughed for my birthday week, so I could take a vvacation.  Well... gotta look at the bright side of things!

Short run after work planned.

I'm in that same furlough boat.  My first thought was, "Cool! I can totally do my medium long runs on the mornings of my furlough days!"

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

LRB

I'm in that same furlough boat.  My first thought was, "Cool! I can totally do my medium long runs on the mornings of my furlough days!"

Bringing up the rear in the furlough boat.  8 days total, now going on four years.  Work hours have been 37.5 a week since before Obama smoked his first Newport.

We used to be able to pick our furlough days but apparently we liked that too much, so now they are assigned.

Hip Redux

I'm hoping to get either a Monday or  Friday off, for my 20% cut.  The losing money thing stinks, but if it has to happen, I want a three day weekend out of it!

The furlough thing isn't so bad for us because I can apply for unemployment, so I get just a bit of my salary back.

LRB

I'm hoping to get either a Monday or  Friday off, for my 20% cut.  The losing money thing stinks, but if it has to happen, I want a three day weekend out of it!

I didn't care originally care what day it was, but now want them on Tuesday's, my speed work day lol!  It all revolves around running don't it.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

12.51 miles done for run 1 today.  About 6 miles were in wet, windy, near white-out conditions.  I think I mentally checked out of winter about 2 weeks ago, so runs like this one are hard to take. Looking forward to the group run this evening for 5 more mile...it'll be our first one in some sunshine in a long time thanks to DST.

Shirfan...The fact that you can pull off a long run of even easy miles after that race effort is awesome.

Oski...Sorry about the loss of the hours.  I like your spin on it though...and my thoughts would probably be the same.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn