Beginners and Beyond

July goals (Read 62 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Out of shape = slower than before.

Nice on the 23 miles.  Do you go for 25 straight minutes next week then?  That should start to feel like real running.

No, I progress to 4:00 minutes next week.  (I added this extra 3:30 week myself to be conservative.  PT had me skipping from 3 minutes to 4 minutes and that felt like a big jump.)  After that I'll go to 25 minutes straight.

Dave, I'm just a n00b again.  All those ultras are in the past.  It's like they never happened!

Running is dumb.

1) Get fully recovered (seem to be on the right track now, knock on wood).

2) Get back to marathon training.

My goal was a +1 to Jay's.

1) always hate to say anything definitive on these things, but so far so good. Last 2 weeks of June averaged 27 mpw; weeks 3-4 of July averaged 58.9. Should end up >220 miles for the month.

2) jumped into the Hansons Advanced plan I originally intended to do, a few weeks late. An 18 week plan is too long anyway, right? 15 is better.

Dave

onemile

No, I progress to 4:00 minutes next week.  (I added this extra 3:30 week myself to be conservative.  PT had me skipping from 3 minutes to 4 minutes and that felt like a big jump.)  After that I'll go to 25 minutes straight.

Dave, I'm just a n00b again.  All those ultras are in the past.  It's like they never happened!

Doesn't hurt to take it slow.

B-Plus

Cyberic

I didn't have real July goals as I did not know what to expect of my Spain trip. I'm not following any plan but I ran 6 days in my week in Barcelona, 6 days in my week in Madrid, and am at 5 in Sevilla (tomorrow's run will be my 6th, but that's in August). Since my usual is running 6 days a week, I am very happy about my month of running.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I didn't post goals at the beginning of the month, but here goes. I'll miss my mileage goal since I spent a few day in a real funk and took off 3 days mid-month. I did redeem myself at Endless Summer 6-Hour this year, managing the heat a lot better and staying the course for the full 6 hours this time covering 24.3 miles versus last year retiring after 3:40 and 16.6 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

1. Heal from my ankle sprain! (Be diligent about PT)

2. Intentionally Walk / Run 100 miles

3. Eat well so that I don't gain weight

4. Swim at least 30 min/day when I have pool access

1. Mostly -- I'm back to running since I'm able to hop on my injured leg.  My range of motion still isn't 100% so I need to just stick with the daily PT exercise.

2.  Maybe?  I didn't really track my walking as well as I should have

3. I think I did okay on this over the course of my injury -- up 1.9 lbs from May 28th - which isn't terrible considering the number of parties and what not I've gone to in that time.

4.  I started out strong on this and then sort of backed off of it because the pool has been filled with nannies/children lately.  I should just grin and bear it but I really don't tolerate screaming children that well...

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Hip Redux

Walk ~20miles/week

Bike 1-2x/week

Stop eating everything in front of me

1 - Close, averaged 15 mpw walking, total of 77 for the month

2 - Nope, but not for lack of trying.  Hip just isn't ready.

3 - Ummmm.  I have no excuses here.

Half Crazy K 2.0

1. At least 4 runs per week

2. 2 strength training sessions per week

3. 1 desert/not healthy treat per day

4. Sub 26 minute 5k

1. All but the 1 week I discovered that after 15 years of eating it, something in sushi & I do not get along any more.

2. Yep

3. Most days. There was a Friday I was bored at work & someone brought in mini brownies & cheesecake bites.

4. Only did one. 26:01.

1) Get fully recovered (seem to be on the right track now, knock on wood).

2) Get back to marathon training.

Technically, these were not failures.  It just took until the last couple days of the month.  Big grin

Amazonian Princess

1. Strength training 2x a week 
                        2. 44-mile bike ride on my birthday 
                        3. Start catching up to the Pace Bunny

1. Seven out of ten sessions done; had to cancel three because I was too sick

2. Too sick on my birthday to ride, postponed 2 weeks and only did 25 miles (but they were hilly miles, dammit!)

3.  No friggin' comment

Was out of commission for two weeks with the sixth (!) illness in five months. Doc ordered me to stay home and rest for a week and I'm just now ramping back up because I start a half-marathon training plan on Monday.  It's walk:run but gotta start somewhere, right?

I can. I will. I am. 

Robert31320

Team TJ

My only goal for the month was to regain some consistency in my running.  July was my highest miles month of 2014.  I'd say, Mission Accomplished!

Running for TJ because he can't.