Beginners and Beyond

How would you run this next marathon? (Read 117 times)

I ran it last September and I highly recommend it. I got a nice PR on that course, easy and so pretty. The whole town comes out to cheer and the atmosphere is very festive. It's like Boston, but a tad smaller... haha (and without the hills). Big grin I am undecided yet for September. I can only run a half, not a full (I have Chicago a few weeks later). I may do Amherstburg, or Ottawa (the Army Run). Ottawa is closer for me. But I have a chance at an AG award in Amherstburg, given the small number of participants. Are you seriously considering the Run for Heroes marathon? You'd love it, I'm sure.

Well I am thinking about it because it is fairly convenient for me. But I was planning on running Detroit which is 4 weeks later. Two completely different sized options, and it's too early in my running career to know which type I prefer. Always the option of doing the half at one of them, or do both fulls but make one of them very slow. (Of course for me, even a fast one is slow.) I still have some time, although Detroit fills up so I will need to commit at some point.

Dave