Beginners and Beyond

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of a "Beginner's Forum"? (Read 477 times)

xor

Well, again, we're not going to stay here permanently, unless we plan on never having new blood.

Why the heck not?

This honestly makes no sense.

But if you feel like this place is unwelcoming and having a private room where you can do as you please is somehow bad... and you have an excellent lobby in which to conduct running business and attract new members doesn't work... well, ok.

I'd give it a chance, though.  You might find that maybe just maybe it actually works a little BETTER.  The people are nice.  The mods and admin are nice and respond. The place is clean. It works.  etc etc etc

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Well, again, we're not going to stay here permanently, unless we plan on never having new blood.

You do realize that there are other forums here, right?

Do you mean here as in RunningAhead in general or here as in this particular group?

RWOL sucks.

MrNamtor

I'm not going back. They clearly don't care enough to make any lasting changes to the way the forums function. Here we had the site owner actually post a stickied thread inviting us to ask him any questions and offering his assistance to anyone in this group. How awesome is that? Why on earth would we want to leave here and go back to that shithole?

+1

xor

We'll get new people who find these forums and are interested in our craziness.

Unfortunately, a google search for "running forum" doesn't list these forums at all, at least not through the first 3-4 pages. I'm not sure if there's anything to be done about that.

That's not always the case.  We get high hits in google search sometimes, depending on what we're talking about.  Just gotta keep doing it. 

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but it is possible that private group stuff won't show up in all google searches.

But they DO show up in RA-specific searches.  This is good.

LRB

It is not the end of the world, it is the beginning of a new one.    

MrNamtor

You do realize that there are other forums here, right?

Do you mean here as in RunningAhead in general or here as in this particular group?

RWOL sucks.

lol. flippy, now we can actually be ourselves too.

It reminds me of a joke I used to love as a kid. Don't remember most of it but the punchline was the kid saying to his father "Now you're talking dad! Pass the fucking salt!" Something like that.

MrNamtor

Yes. We will tame this new world, and make it our own.

Jenven

How prophetic.

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

MrNamtor

I got an Email from eric to a question. This site may not be as busy but it is working  a lot better than rw.

Tom you fat bastard, put a picture in your avi. It's a new beginning.

I say get rid of all reference to the word Beginner.  

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

not lazy, just tired

Yes, it defeats the purpose, but I assume at some point we will move back to RWOL.

Don't assume. Some will, others won't. I won't.

Not if it makes sense.

Supersono99

Who, besides those of us actually from RW, even knows what BF stands for? I don't think anyone will know what bf and beyond means. 

Amy, I don't understand your post. Don't you like it here? I think the structure here, although different, is so much better. All the times on RW that people said lets separate the chat from the runnjng stuff, etc, is how it is here. Th true running Qs go in general or running 101, our bf carryover stuff here. I think it's ideal. What do you dislike?

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Then it'll be confused for NRR/L&O.

In transit, arriving on time.